I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 . I cannot set up voicemail on either device; each time I try I get the message: "unable to connect, try again later" after going through the setup routine. This has been going on for several days. What's the problem?
dbs1

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 . I cannot set up voicemail on either device; each time I try I get the message: "unable to connect, try again later" after going through the setup routine. This has been going on for several days. What's the problem?P

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 . I cannot set up voicemail on either device; each time I try I get the message: "unable to connect, try again later" after going through the setup routine. This has been going on for several days. What's the problem
mama23dogs
Legend

Are they able to make calls?

did you set up voicemail within 30 days of opening your account?

if yes and yes, please call customer service.

Re: I have an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 6 . I cannot set up voicemail on either device; each time I try I get the message: "unable to connect, try again later" after going through the setup routine. This has been going on for several days. What's the problem
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

dbs1, Let's get your Voicemail working! The initial set up your iPhone 6 Visual Voicemail does require the phone be connected t our Mobile Data. Are you connected to a Wifi Network when you receive this error message? When callers try to leave you a message are they receiving any type of error message?

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dbs1

1. Cellular data was off when I got the first messages;

2. Turned data on and setup on both phones seemed to succeed -- no error message and both phones now switch to voicemail greeting when called/no answer. HOWEVER

3. After leaving voicemail (calling one iPhone to the other, in-house) NEITHER phone records a message.

3a. Cellular data was turned off again, after setup.

4. Do I have to leave cellular data on to get voicemail?!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yes...

among other things...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbs1, Understanding your phone Voicemail options is important, indeed! Cellular Data does need to remain on for Voicemails to play using the Visual Voicemail feature. You do have the option to call into your Voicemailbox by dialing *86 from the phone if you'd like to keep Cellular Data turned off.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes