I can't buy ring back tones.
Anahir213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I go to the Media Store and select purchase but I keep getting Error code SCM248 I need help trying to get a ring back tone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't buy ring back tones.
Snn5
Legend

I keep getting an error code when I try to purchase a ringback tone.

If you have advanced calling enable or even perhaps available to use, ringbacks will not work, maybe even preventing you from purchasing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anahir213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for those details, Anahir213. I want to make sure that you are able to get those Ringback Tones up and running without any issues. I have sent you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that direct message. I would like to make sure the account is set up for ringback tones. Looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sumahe

What was the correct answer?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I keep getting an error code when I try to purchase a ringback tone.

If you have advanced calling enable or even perhaps available to use, ringbacks will not work, maybe even preventing you from purchasing.

0 Likes
Anahir213
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I remove advanced calling? What is that?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Which iPhone do you have?  And, I know the iPhone 6 has advanced calling, unless Im way off base but you can remove the feature in My Verizon under features and apps.  You can also disable it in the phone.  Here is a step by step for the iPhone 6 and 6+

Advanced Calling 1.0 for Apple Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Anahir213
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the iPhone 6+. I will try that and see if that is it.