I am out of memory on my phone. Am I able to free space by transferring music from my phone to my cloud?
mberggren

I am out of memory on my phone. Am I able to free space up by transferring/storing music in my cloud vs my phone?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am out of memory on my phone. Am I able to free space by transferring music from my phone to my cloud?
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can free space from the phone by using a cloud service or backing up or moving files to mac/pc.

View solution in original post

Re: I am out of memory on my phone. Am I able to free space by transferring music from my phone to my cloud?
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you can free space from the phone by using a cloud service or backing up or moving files to mac/pc.

mama23dogs
Legend

AH....is your phone saying "out of memory"? 

OR "out of storage"?   And if it is iCloud storage vs phone storage.

the solution is different.

mberggren

I worded it incorrectly. I am out of phone storage. I have 13GB available on my Cloud, 1.4GB on phone. From what I can see on my phone, nearly everything is already backed up to my Cloud, except for music/iTunes which takes up the most space. This is probably a simple fix; however, I am not the most savvy with technology.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

THanks.  Deleting music is an option.

do the numbers add up?  Sometimes the data clogging the phone is old messages or corrupted data.

this link can explain both problem and solution:

How to Remove "Other" Data from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

mberggren

No, the numbers do not add up. It's about 2.7GB off. Sounds like I have old stuff on my phone and should do some deleting. Thank you for the help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How large is the iPhone system ROM recovery partition?

0 Likes
mberggren

I have a 16GB phone. Is that what you are asking?

Another question, the photos listed in my "photo stream"... does that mean they are in my cloud? Or are they still stored on my phone? I am too stupid to even own a phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

WWith cloud and streaming, it is hard to figure it out.

2.7 GBS is normal for operating system.  So I don't think you have any unusual content.

photo stream includes photos on and off the phone ( as if it weren't confusing enough)