How much data is used during facetime?
DMKTK

Does  facetime (with a local number) -use alot of data? how much in general? Was on the phone via facetime for 1.25 hours.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: facetime
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMKTK, facetime is a great way to stay connected. We will provide additional information regarding how much data is used. It all depends on your phone and network. Follow this link to help determine the amount of data used by different applications: http://vz.to/2k6zB5r

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Researching a couple of different sources says it's uses about 25-30MB for 10 minutes, so an hour would be 150-200 MB.  Much would depend on the resolution of the camera quality of the video being shared.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

DMKTK wrote:

Does facetime (with a local number)

It doesn't matter if it is a local number or someone on the other side of the world with facetime - it only uses data and there is no long distance charges or penalties.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMKTK, facetime is a great way to stay connected. We will provide additional information regarding how much data is used. It all depends on your phone and network. Follow this link to help determine the amount of data used by different applications: http://vz.to/2k6zB5r

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
delta3

So, if in the caribbean - facetime only uses data unless connected using WiFi? then its free?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, delta3. Facetime will use data if you are not connected to Wi-Fi, or if you have Wi-Fi assist enabled on your device. If you are only connected to Wi-Fi, with Wi-Fi assist disabled, it will not use data. Wi-Fi assist can use LTE data to improve the preformance of weak or unstable Wi-Fi networks, so it can cause you to use data unexpectedly. If you are overseas, and do not want to be charged for a TravelPass session, you can leave your device in Airplane Mode, and connect to Wi-Fi. Is this information useful?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes