How do I transfer (from my iPhone) a photo attached to a MESSAGE to my iMac computer?
loydeyates

I want to transfer a photo, attached to a message received, from my iPhone to my computer? It apparently does not automatically download by attaching the phone to the computer using USB cable. Also, the computer app "Messages" only uses my email address to send and receive messages and not my cell phone number. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I transfer (from my iPhone) a photo attached to a MESSAGE to my iMac computer?
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you log into Messages on your computer, you should have your entire iMessage history, including attached photos.

If you have 'Text Message Forwarding' enabled on your phone, you can also see regular text messages and attachments in addition to iMessage conversations.

If you didn't already have that enabled, you should give it a shot, it's pretty handy to be able to send text messages from your iMac when you happen to be sitting at it 🙂

How to enable SMS text messaging through Continuity on iPad and Mac

-Steph

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer (from my iPhone) a photo attached to a MESSAGE to my iMac computer?
Snn5
Legend

Save the photo from the message to the phone then transfer to computer via itunes or opening the phone drive on the computer?

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Alternatively , you could use Dropbox. Save the photo to your phone and upload to Dropbox. Log in to Dropbox on your computer.

Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you log into Messages on your computer, you should have your entire iMessage history, including attached photos.

If you have 'Text Message Forwarding' enabled on your phone, you can also see regular text messages and attachments in addition to iMessage conversations.

If you didn't already have that enabled, you should give it a shot, it's pretty handy to be able to send text messages from your iMac when you happen to be sitting at it 🙂

How to enable SMS text messaging through Continuity on iPad and Mac

-Steph

0 Likes
brittsrp

For saving a photo from a text message, I do not have a dropbox account. Can I use another cloud like college cloud or microsoft cloud or another on line storage site?  Thanks. Bob Britts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Saving photos you've received through text message is essential. I understand you're interested in using an online cloud storage option to save your picture. You can sign up for the Verizon Cloud which will allow you to save your photo from your device, and locate that photo online at My Verizon. To learn more about Verizon cloud click here: http://spr.ly/6602EvqsY How does this work for you?

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes