How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail?
Diogenes9

iPhone 6s - how do I change the number or rings before  the phone goes to voiicemail?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The time before it goes to voicemail is 30 seconds and is set at the system level and can't be changed. Sometimes a different ringtone helps you to hear it ringing sooner.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The time before it goes to voicemail is 30 seconds and is set at the system level and can't be changed. Sometimes a different ringtone helps you to hear it ringing sooner.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Diogenes9

Thank you for the informative response. Pardon my ignorance but does "system level" refer to the Apple programming in the phone itself or to the Verizon setup?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A user can shorten the number of rings before a call is sent to voicemail by activating the phone's Do Not Disturb (or whatever the manufacturer calls it) feature. That would dump calls directly into voicemail.

As Ann noted, incoming the ringing timer is fixed and cannot be changed, other than to try different ringers.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

System-wide. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless side and likely other carriers too.

0 Likes
MikeLehman

You cant at this time. Neither you or Verizon currently have the ability to change this

0 Likes
Bibi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Strangely enough, ATT you can change number of rings