How/Why/How do I stop MY phone from sending spam text messages?
MCSkully

Someone just texted me to ask me if I had texted them a link, saying it looked suspicious and like spam, I did not send a link to them.

So, how and why is MY phone sending my contacts spam text messages and how do I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How/Why/How do I stop MY phone from sending spam text messages?
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Is it coming to them as an iMessage (blue)?  If so they can report it to Apple here.  Are the messages coming to them from your number or from your email address?  If it's from your email address I would change your Apple password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Is it coming to them as an iMessage (blue)?  If so they can report it to Apple here.  Are the messages coming to them from your number or from your email address?  If it's from your email address I would change your Apple password.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

i agree with previous post...if you Apple ID is compromised, they can use iMessage and send text to your contacts.

i Have 2 step verification on my email and Apple ID.   I highly recommend you secure your user ID and password the same way.

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support