Family Base - Faulty Feature?
Talk2meNOW

Where do I start? Purchased Family Base hoping to monitor and set some restrictions on my daughter's iPhone 6. After several hours on the phone with a rep, as well as face to face help at the Verizon store, it STILL isn't allowing me to restrict her time of day usage. And the alerts I get regarding her usage are not even close to accurate! I know because I'm looking at the times they indicate she is texting/receiving texts from ME. It does not match up with my own phone records. At first I thought maybe it was just a time zone problem and it only recognized one time zone, but the times listed are just too far off for it to be that simple. I DID learn that there isn't even a companion app for the iPhone 6 so immediate restrictions are not even possible (no mention of that when I signed up). She tells me she gets a "restriction message" but then her text goes through anyway.

If anyone has any input as to how this feature works with the iPhone 6, please enlighten me! As of now, the only thing it allows me to do is restrict/limit her data usage. I am very frustrated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base - Faulty Feature?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's make sure the frustration ends here, Talk2meNOW! Have you tested multiple times of day for the restrictions along with calls. messages and data? Are you using an iPhone as well? If she is using iMessage these transmit through data network and will not be restricted by time of day for text setting.    YaleK_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's make sure the frustration ends here, Talk2meNOW! Have you tested multiple times of day for the restrictions along with calls. messages and data? Are you using an iPhone as well? If she is using iMessage these transmit through data network and will not be restricted by time of day for text setting.    YaleK_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Talk2meNOW

I do not have an iPhone myself. The only way to test multiple times of day with various calls, messages and data would be to get her phone away from her at various times of the day. Not possible with a 16 yr old who sleeps clutched onto her phone...I have heard that iMessaging really limits your control over their restrictions. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Other than physical control of the device, any limit you think you are putting on the phone is easily bypassed with different apps. If your daughter does not know how to do this, friends will. It really is a whack a mole type of thing.

0 Likes