FREEZING iPhone6 over and OVER! HELP!
HMC_1984
SERIOUSLY BEYOND IRRITATED WITH THIS FREEZING PHONE!!

OK! Where should I start ....

I have dealt with this issue since IOS 9.1 on my beloved iPhone 6. I HONESTLY do love the phone when it works its WONDERFUL when it doesn't it's a NIGHTMARE! I have tried Everything that Verizon and Apple have told me however I'm not sure just how you FIX an issue that was an issue straight out of the box! I am on my 8th or possibly more warranty replacement and I know for fact the last three froze on me straight out of the box before I even backed up any of my iCloud information so that excludes my volume of apps from being the issue like verizon loves to tell me and have me hard reset the phone and all this other trouble shooting stating it's not a known issue! How is this not a known issue when Apple states it is and a google search show tons of iPhone users having the same issues. Yes I have had other warranty related issues go wrong that ultimately were the straw that broke the camels back per say and forced me to call and have this phone replaced BUT each and every one of them did this at some point even if I did tolerate it until another issue became intolerable.  Frankly I get tired of calling verizon telling the same story over and over and over and I know they have to be like it's her calling again.I DON'T blame anyone especially not verizon! I want to be clear yes i may have to tell the story to 4 people because they were busy and I got switched to the wrong department but they have thousands of calls to juggle so I don't blame them for the issue however I'm curious after this many phones have come back EXACTLY as I said no damage freezing and I'm continuing to have phones replaced under warranty meaning my 90 days isn't running out between replacements why my ONLY option is to BUY a new iPhone 7 !?! But that's the ONLY option I've been given thus far so I guess because this one is freezing too and its worse with every update I'll continue on this replacement roller coaster even longer! Bless them for continuing this with me but I seriously am ready to pull my hair out and am not able to pay for the iPhone 7 not when I'm DEFINITELY paying straight out for the 8 on release day just like I did the 6 plus ! If anyone knows anything PLEASE do help me because I have come to a point now where I haven't even saved contacts because the phone was freezing before I got the first contact entered and saved . Someone Anyone if you know please do help! I see freezing be to the extreme mostly on internet and under highlight to have text read to you function that's where this started long time ago and where its worse by the update!  Also no blows to Androids they are just not for me i am an iPhone person due to the fact I require certain features android doesn't offer however this freezing is not included in the features I MUST have! Thanks ahead of time to anyone who comments!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: FREEZING iPhone6 over and OVER! HELP!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HMC.1984 I regret to learn your iPhone 6 Plus is giving you so much trouble. That is a great phone and I want to help you get it in top notch condition. Let's get to the bottom of this. What software is your device using(settings-general-about-version)? I see you said the internet is hard to use with the freezing. Tell me more about what seems to happen ( ie only certain sites, or only in a certain location, only when certain keys are used)? Do other apps seem to freeze as well?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HMC_1984

Thank you for the concern and a timely response. You do realize that this has happened to me with every Single replacement iPhone 6 Plus i have had since it came out which you may think how can somebody be that unlucky that many times I guess in my family I am that one! We all use the same Internet servers we all use the same wifi we all use the same apps pretty much we all are at the same locations however I'm the only one who has this problem and it tends to happen when I use the highlight to speak feature which I have to use because of a learning disability so to say just not use it is not an option! The other for iPhone 6 Plus is on the account however have not been replaced with a refurbished phone that's the only difference because they use highlight to talk too! We all work together and stay together so if it was an outside issue we would all have it! And this does not ever happened with my iPad never ate it runs iOS 8 the iPhone runs I was 10.1 always the latest update but everywhere I go I have the high-speed Internet available and it is not conclusive to one website or two websites one app or two apps it typically happens on the web Typically however I have had it happen in every app installed on the phone from you all's warehouse since IOS 9.1 And unfortunately the very first replacement I received I had to pay the deductible on not because of this issue every other one since has had this problem since IOS 9.1 and they were all refurbished devices heck I'll be even gotten one refurbished device they did not have the screws in the bottom and it was still popped apart!Not stating for fact that this is an issue BUT this is the only thing different that I have had with my phone opposite all three other family members do not have everything else we have in common ....everything! I am with a new replacement device and the same irritating issue 5 mins out of box but you do not have to highlight anything for this to happen open the web and it happens 6 out of 10 times but highlight and it goes to 8 of 10 happens to nobody else and does not happen on my iPad or Mac book either however my iPad is on the planned with my phone as well as the other three iPhone 6 plus'and a Wi-Fi box! I worked on the post you saw for 3 1/2 hours today before I got it posted from the phone had to continue copying it and reposting because it froze like it does a guaranteed 8 of 10 times at some point in the page! One of my employees who also works at Verizon Wireless which they said get a 7 replacement but no one there CANdo that for me anyways he has and iPhone 7 I used it for 3 days and almost called and bought one but I'm not able to do that! Especially not this close to the iPhone 8 release which is right at my birthday so that's what I plan to do with B-Day funds! Purchasing the iPhone 7 is not at all possible if it had been I would have done it when I had to give the iPhone 7 back to him because it worked flawlessly just like my original iPhone 6 but that's not possible so here we are on the frozen roller coaster! And I feel like we pay $400 a month to Verizon And have all these devices and I cannot even use my phone properly why it's really no explanation it should be fixed it should have been fixed I should've never been drug through this but I was not have been it is mind-boggling torture to say the least to deal with this and constantly have to put information back on the phone take it off take it off on off on off it's mind boggling just reading that sentence but that amountto torture still doesn't warrant a new device I don't quite understand that this has tried my patience to the max to say the very least! And I am not the only one there are tons of people on a Google Yahoo Safari whatever that will say the exact same thing every iPhone replacement they get is like this the store has told me they have other customers with the same issue but they cannot just give them an iPhone 7 without you all to say okay and only a select few cases has this happened! Not sure how unique a situation has to be to have something done about it but Mine should be an exception if any it should be in there somewhere I have to have highlight to talk.That's why an android is out of the question they do not have Siri to assist me reading and writing and Cortana cannot even be compared I've used both!

But be my Guest if you think you can fix this I will be more than happy to do would you ask like I have every other person that has tried their best to help and like I said it's not Verizon's fault it's an Apple issue a whole heartedly believe that has something to do with replacing parts in their phones that causes problems.. I had an iPad do the same thing when they first come out and that's exactly what it was about a new app I have never had a problem again but it has not been touched as far as replacing parts on the inside or the screen or anything had I dropped it I may have a problem with it too I don't know! Just too many things seem to automate it happen with the replacements that don't happen with originals to not be an Apple issue so do not give my frustration aimed at you or Verizon that is not at all where it is placed y'all have honestly tried to help me but it's not working we need to step out of this vicious cycle this is very difficult for me with reading and writingdisabilities to go through this torture every month or so I'm sure you can imagine but feel free whatever suggestions you have it cannot hurt right!?

HCollins

0 Likes
HMC_1984

Also you may need to know this this phone will freeze on the home screen or lock screen or when the battery pops up and says that the batteries load it would just freeze it will freeze in the middle of a conversation and not allow me to hang up with people so they're sitting there holdingthe phone and able to hear everything I'm saying because I cannot hang up!

One more thing the last two payments I have made to Verizon online somehow I'm using the normal way we pay our bills every single month and it has kicked out both bill payments so I'm getting ready to call customer service about that so it takes care of our bill! I don't know what is happening why is the kicking the payment out all of a sudden but I'm calling for that right now!

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HMC.1984

I thank you for your attempts. We'd like to take a closer look at what is going on as well as look into details. What happens when you run the Device Health Check? Just in case you haven't: http://spr.ly/65838Ofud

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HMC_1984

Sorry had the flu last few days! Oh of course it shows it's healthy as a horse! But obviously healthy to one ain't healthy to all! However it has shown healthy many times before a replacement yet a representative has been able to say oh yeah I see what's wrong with it well it doesn't show it on my app !lol I know this ain't funny heck I deal with this MESS of a waste of money DAILY.... HOURLY etc ! Also it makes me a tiny but madder considering we paid straight out for ALL FOUR IPHONE 6 Plus' as we plan to do with the IPhone 8s in September! Just hoping I don't have to suffer until then!

0 Likes