E911 Address Error Message can't bypass
dwestlund
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to set up my SmartWatch. Got all information in, and came up with screen that my E911 address is invalid. Zipcode, address, city invalid.  BUT IT IS VALID. And I can't bypass it.  My address is correct.  Verizon says it must match the USPS and gives a link.  I went to the link and it matches EXACTLY.   I am told by the chat person to just put some bogus address in there for my E911.  Really?  I'm supposed to put a bogus address into my account?  That doesn't seem right.  I don't want to set up my Apple Watch and put a bogus address in to E911 in my account just to make it work!  Whose address am I supposed to use?  They suggested work, I don't work in the same zip code as my home.  Also Verizon's own information and the FCC says this is supposed to be your location for 911 calls.  Verizon please fix this!  A customer should be allowed to continue and say it is valid if it is valid!  I think I know where I live, and I can tell this matches the USPS!  I see from other posts that this has been going on a long time. I want to set up my smart watch that I spent a lot of money on AND give you business!  

0 Likes
Re: E911 Address Error Message can't bypass
dwestlund
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is still a problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, dwestlund. We sent you a Private Message almost two months ago to look into this issue further for you. We still have not received a reply from you in the Private Message. 

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Aerfally

I have been having this same exact issue, as have many people, for two weeks now (since December 12, 2021). The fact that a company of Verizon's size is incapable of allowing its customers to be able to enter THE CORRECT, USPS-VALIDATED ADDRESS for emergency calls is either a colossal mistake or a willful breach of contract. This is not acceptable or legal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure the correct address is able to be entered. Please send a Private Note and we can investigate the exact steps to get the 911 address updated. -Yale

0 Likes
Jdavis87

I am having this issue too and I need my watch to work while im doing nursing school cause I cant have my phone on me. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes