Does it matter if I buy the Iphone 6S at full price from Verizon or Apple if i have unlimited data?
vikingdad

Just wondering if it really matters in case one of the two sites is having pre-order problems.  Are there any advantages to ordering from one or the other?  Again, planning on buying phone outright with no installment plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does it matter if I buy the Iphone 6S at full price from Verizon or Apple if i have unlimited data?
Weth
Legend

Does not really matter. When all things are equal, I prefer buying from Apple. You could also argue the less interaction with Verizon, the less chance of something happening to your unlimited by mistake. If you already have an iPhone 5 or higher, and you then buy your phone from Apple (you could even do their new payment plan actually), you just put the SIM from the previous iPhone into the new iPhone and no one else needs to touch your account at Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does it matter if I buy the Iphone 6S at full price from Verizon or Apple if i have unlimited data?
Weth
Legend

Does not really matter. When all things are equal, I prefer buying from Apple. You could also argue the less interaction with Verizon, the less chance of something happening to your unlimited by mistake. If you already have an iPhone 5 or higher, and you then buy your phone from Apple (you could even do their new payment plan actually), you just put the SIM from the previous iPhone into the new iPhone and no one else needs to touch your account at Verizon.

0 Likes
vikingdad

Sounds like the way to go then!  Thanks.

0 Likes
Eddster
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I tried to order directly through Verizon's website and they didn't show the option to keep my unlimited data even though I was paying full price. They only listed tiered data plans as options. I ended up ordering directly through Apple. They listed my current unlimited data plan on my confirmation.

0 Likes