Device Payment Promotion attached to Device or Number?
Bman007

I have an iPhone 6, with 14 monthly payments left, with phone number ending in 3345. This phone has a promotional device payment credit each month making it only $5 per month. 

I just added a new line, which is an iPhone 7 with 24 monthly payments left. Phone number ending in 1776. This phone has a promotional device payment credit each month, making it only $0 per month. 

Both phones are on the same shared plan. 

If I swap phone numbers, so that the iPhone 6 ends in 1776, and the iPhone 7 ends in 3345, will the device payment promotional credits remain with the device? (iPhone 6 will still have 14 payments of $5 left, and the iPhone 7 still has 24 payments of $0 left?). Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Device Payment Promotion attached to Device or Number?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The device payment agreement remains with the line of service not the device. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Bman007

@Ann154 wrote:

The device payment agreement remains with the line of service not the device. 

Are you saying that the line of service is independent of the device and the phone number? Or are you saying the phone number IS the line of service?

Can a Verizon employee please definitely answer my first question? I have two devices, each with their own promotional payment plan. Just because I change phone numbers, the payment plans should remain with the device, correct? iPhone 6 has 14 payments left, that shouldn't change just because I change its phone number? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The line of service is the phone number even you change the phone number associated with the line of service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Jcobb014
Enthusiast - Level 2

That doesn’t make sense. So the line of service is the phone number. When the phone number, and as such the line of service, is changed does that mean the promotion applied to the original line of service is or is not transferred to your new phone number?

You’re describing it in a way that leads me to believe no, it is not. Which would be a highly unethical practice, mostly because it’s not something that a consumer would assume would change. 

0 Likes