Re: Delayed voicemails showing up weeks to days later
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for any confusion on checking for any iOS software updates on your iPhone 6 plus, Sandimascharvel. Also, I appreciate your willingness to do more testing on the voicemail issues. Have you tried powering off your devices and powering them on when doing the test? What's the current software version on your device? Here's a link to help you check the current software version https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214981/ . Also, please ensure you're not connected to Wi-Fi when doing the test and let us know if you need further assistance.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@EdwinW_VZW

I have the current iOS - 12.3.1. I have tried everything, but it doesn't have anything to do with my phone. This has happened with 3 different phones over 6-7 years. If Verizon and Apple cannot fix this then my only solution is to switch carriers and phones.

This happened again last week. On Thursday, someone left a voicemail. Along with it, 4 older voicemails got delivered and I nearly lost a customer because they thought I got the voicemail and was just ignoring them. It's an unacceptable glitch for work and for personal messages was well. Verizon and Apple must work quickly or you leave us no choice but to leave both companies. If it's not quickly fixed, I'll be looking at a Galaxy and AT&T as I'll have no choice. I can't afford to lose customers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our valued customer's voicemail concerns are our concerns too. I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with delayed voicemails. As a valued customer, we certainly don't want to lose you and rest assured we'll do everything we can to assist you in getting this issue resolved. While further investigating this matter, Verizon is working with the Apple corporation on this matter. This issue has also been reported by users of all iOS versions. We'd like your assistance in completing these quick troubleshooting steps:

1.  Please complete a soft reset of your device (We know you've done so previously).

2.  Please ensure that your device is not connected to Wi-Fi.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our team here. We thank you for your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance too. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jesker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, sorry I didn't see this until today. I have an Android phone. Not sure how the app permissions work on an iPhone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, let's make sure we get on the same page. The last post that we received from you confirmed that you were now receiving your voicemail notifications after you made a change in your device settings. Just to ensure that we are aligned, are you still having trouble? How long do you have to wait for voicemail notifications now?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Our valued customer's voicemail concerns are our concerns too. I apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with delayed voicemails. As a valued customer, we certainly don't want to lose you and rest assured we'll do everything we can to assist you in getting this issue resolved. While further investigating this matter, Verizon is working with the Apple corporation on this matter. This issue has also been reported by users of all iOS versions. We'd like your assistance in completing these quick troubleshooting steps:

1.  Please complete a soft reset of your device (We know you've done so previously).

2.  Please ensure that your device is not connected to Wi-Fi.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our team here. We thank you for your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance too. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

I do a soft reset about once per week on my phone (power off). I also do a hard reset (power off with home button held down until reboot begins) once a week. 

I'm on wifi only at home because otherwise my data would be a million GB every month but during the day, I'm not on wifi.

Customer service told me today that they are getting calls every day about this problem but there is no estimated time for a fix.

0 Likes
Sandimascharvel
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a widespread problem and Verizon and Apple have supposedly been working since February this year. Verizon has a master ticket for it and no ETA. Yesterday I left a voicemail for my fiancee. She still hasn't received it. She is also on Verizon and has an iPhone.

Check out this 10-page thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Apple-General/Delayed-voicemails-showing-up-weeks-to-days-l...

nottakingcalls
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problems. Up to date iPhone 8, I seem to only get voicemails after restarting the device. I can access internet, make phone calls, etc. otherwise without difficulty.

0 Likes
NoChoiceofService
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get use to it.  Our service has been that way for years.  Verizon won't do anything to fix it.

NoChoiceofService
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get use to it.  Our service has been that way for years.  Verizon can't do anything about it.