Data use during calls iPhone5s
Justp0579

Are they ever going to upgrade software to where I can use data while on a call like ATT does?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data use during calls iPhone5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand in this day and time wanting to be be able to talk ans surf at the same time. This is a feature that is available with our Android devices when you are on a 4G device and in a 4G area. 

Due to the hardware of the iPhone 5s, it will only be able to complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi.

We don't have any details as to when/if this will change.

Our newer iPhone (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus) do allow this feature with Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled in a 4G area.

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What are you trying to do during a call that uses data?

0 Likes
Justp0579

Anything.. Check email, google maps  I used it all the time with ATT.

0 Likes
Justp0579

Talk n surf.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You may want to be contacting Apple about that upgrade. I haven't done it in awhile, but with my S5 I know I can check my e-mail and send text, the only trouble I have is during a call I can't send or receive MMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand in this day and time wanting to be be able to talk ans surf at the same time. This is a feature that is available with our Android devices when you are on a 4G device and in a 4G area. 

Due to the hardware of the iPhone 5s, it will only be able to complete simultaneous voice and data when connected to Wifi.

We don't have any details as to when/if this will change.

Our newer iPhone (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus) do allow this feature with Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled in a 4G area.

TamaraH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Justp0579

But that's not true because at ATT the iPhone 5s can do it.

Justin Platukas

ESEI

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
EpEagle12
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is true that AT&T has that capability. Verizon's iPhone 5 does not since it doesn't have Voice Over LTE. AT&T is GSM while Verizon is CDMA. The voice network is different than the data network and that's why it's not possible. The good thing is since VoLTE came out, phones like the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6 are compatible with this capability.