Class Action? Hot Spot is so slow that in essence it does not function.
Charlion
Enthusiast - Level 1

About 10 days into every month, I can no longer use my data plan other than for text.  Video streaming locks up.  Photographs download slowly if at all.  Running speedtest shows the download speed is sometimes zero, usually 120 kbps.

After hours of good faith outreach to Verizon, the only reply I get regarding my hotspot data is that Verizon has no obligation to provide any service at all after the high speed amount of 15 Gb. 

i.e. The contract is for a maximum speed of 600 kbps, but there is no minimum. Thus even 0 kbps is fully satisfactory to Verizon per customer service.

Has anyone received a more constructive reply?

0 Likes
Re: Class Action? Hot Spot is so slow that in essence it does not function.
mama23dogs
Legend

I guess not, as my answer is the offer includes 15 gigs of hotspot and anything over 15 gigs is limited to under 600 kbps.  Which means anything from 0 to 599   

0 Likes
Charlion
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes Mama23dogs - I think you're legally correct - Verizon says 0 is less than 600 so  it's compliant.  ugh...  Implied warranty of functionality?  Dunno.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

if you are getting lower than 600 kbps ther is obviously congestion in your area. I'm sure that a lawsuit will magically fix that. Oh and you can not do a class action anyway. Try reading your customer agreement

0 Likes