Cellular Sales- Retailer for Verizon
aztec7777

I am writing to you to address the letter you sent me on 4/22/15 in which you said I owed you $98 for phone service device Model # Huawei Home Phone Connection Landline Adapter-All Digital-A0000043AC77EC.    I am contesting this purchase for the following reasons.  I confirmed with the sales agent this model/service would cost a one-time fee of $25.  I received a bill the next month saying I had signed a contract with Verizon Wireless AND Cellular Sales for 2 Years.  I was never told by any sales agent in the store that their Verizon Store was actually run by a third party, Cellular Sales.  If I had known this I would have never purchased the product as I have had troubles in the past with this type of sale model.  The third party is only concerned with sales.  This proved true as I went twice to this store in the first 6 months looking for tips and troubleshooting with my iPhone 5 purchased from this store along with the Verizon warranty covering the phone.  The first time the Cellular Sales representative told me to take it to an Apple Store.  I told them the nearest Apple Store was an hour away and that this problem should be covered by Verizon because of the warranty.  The second time I went to this store for assistance with a feature of the iPhone 5, he spent the entire 15 minutes I was there  focused on the front door looking for new customers  as they came in even though I had spent a considerable sum at this store.

You mailed me the contract for the purchase of the Apple iPhone 5, the Verizon Contract for the iPhone, and the Huawei Home Phone Connection Landline Adapter.  Excluding the $98 early termination fee, Cellular Sales failed in all other aspects of this contract.  The “Worry Free Guarantee” referred to in the Cellular Services contract is not “worry” free.  Both Apple and Verizon have always exceeded my expectations when it comes to products, services, and warranty issues.  I will be sending them copies of this letter to let them know how their Third Party retailer is only focused on the sale and ignores the customer for the life of the products.  This makes it difficult as a consumer to forget this when their 2 year contract is up.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular Sales- Retailer for Verizon
mama23dogs
Legend

aztec7777 wrote:

I am writing to you to address the letter you sent me on 4/22/15 in which you said I owed you $98 for phone service device Model # Huawei Home Phone Connection Landline Adapter-All Digital-A0000043AC77EC.    I am contesting this purchase for the following reasons.  I confirmed with the sales agent this model/service would cost a one-time fee of $25.  I received a bill the next month saying I had signed a contract with Verizon Wireless AND Cellular Sales for 2 Years.  I was never told by any sales agent in the store that their Verizon Store was actually run by a third party, Cellular Sales.  If I had known this I would have never purchased the product as I have had troubles in the past with this type of sale model.  The third party is only concerned with sales.  This proved true as I went twice to this store in the first 6 months looking for tips and troubleshooting with my iPhone 5 purchased from this store along with the Verizon warranty covering the phone.  The first time the Cellular Sales representative told me to take it to an Apple Store.  I told them the nearest Apple Store was an hour away and that this problem should be covered by Verizon because of the warranty.  The second time I went to this store for assistance with a feature of the iPhone 5, he spent the entire 15 minutes I was there  focused on the front door looking for new customers  as they came in even though I had spent a considerable sum at this store.

You mailed me the contract for the purchase of the Apple iPhone 5, the Verizon Contract for the iPhone, and the Huawei Home Phone Connection Landline Adapter.  Excluding the $98 early termination fee, Cellular Sales failed in all other aspects of this contract.  The “Worry Free Guarantee” referred to in the Cellular Services contract is not “worry” free.  Both Apple and Verizon have always exceeded my expectations when it comes to products, services, and warranty issues.  I will be sending them copies of this letter to let them know how their Third Party retailer is only focused on the sale and ignores the customer for the life of the products.  This makes it difficult as a consumer to forget this when their 2 year contract is up.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

This is a customer to customer forum.  Employees often check in and may see your post.

THis is is the second complaint about deceptive sales with this retailer.  You should never deal with them again.

THey were correct to direct you to Apple for an iPhone problem.  While Verizon covers the warranty, they send all service to Apple.  Any iPhone not serviced by apple voids the apple warranty.

Back to your original problem.  There is no new phone with a $25 retail price tag.  Zero, none, zilch.   The only time a new phone is that cheap, or free, it comes with a 2 year contract.   If you have a two year contract you now have an early termination fee if you cancel.     Since it was not Verizon, but a 3rd party retailer who lied to you, you will have to take it up with them.  Hopefully Verizon will help.

0 Likes