Can i sell my iPhone while I still owe money on it?
FERALKKITTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I'm still paying off my iPhone to VW, can I sell it to someone else and I'll still bay for the balance off? 

Labels (1)
Re: Can i sell my iPhone while I still owe money on it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FERALKKITTY,

It's essential you have all the right information when it comes to your device payment plan. I will be happy to help. You have the option of selling your current device on a device payment plan; however, if you still have a balance, you will be responsible for the remaining payments. May I ask, what's got you wanting to sell your device?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FERALKKITTY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to sell one of my phones because my bill is so freaking high.  My husband is thinking of buying a cheaper phone and using a pre-paid plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will be responsible for paying the entire remaining balance of the device payment agreement if you switch to a prepaid account.

Are you paying for insurance on the bill? If so, you could drop that off. You can also look at changing your plan to something else less expensive.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I recommend that you pay the balance of the phone BEFORE you sell it to someone else.

If you ever default on that device payment, Verizon will disable the device. They don't care who is holding it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FERALKKITTY,

It's importmant we provide you the most complete and accurate information possible so that you can make the best decision. You are of course able to sell your device to any person you wish and this will have no bearing on the status of the device payment on your account.

However, if the user of the device is a Verizon customer and tries to activate it on their line with a different account, the device may get flagged as lost or stolen. You will typically not have this problem if they are using the device with another carrier, but it is something to be aware of. If you are selling the device, it is our recommendation to pay off the balance immediately or shortly thereafter. I hope this helps!

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KargerHomes

what if i got it free as a buy one get one free?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If the deal required minimum service, and you sell and cancel a line involved in a BOGO deal, you lose all remaining credits.

read your bill.  It’s nit free anymore if you cancel the line.  

Mrsktuck

They can make it so you can't call but you would still be able to use the other features on wifi

0 Likes
Sonydn

Hi vzw_customer_support,

After paying off my phone and sell it to a friend, what would be the appropriate procedure for him to use it with Verizon network without a problem?

Thanks,

Sony

0 Likes