Can I recycle my iPhone 6 with Verizon, if I buy my new iPhone 6s directly from Apple?
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on Verizon and have an iPhone 6. I want to get an iPhone 6s directly from Apple, because I want to use their lease/ugrade program that includes Applecare. But I would like to trade in/recycle my iPhone 6 with Verizon so I can use the credit on my phone bill.

Can I do that, recycle my iPhone 6 with Verizon even if I don't buy my new phone from them?

Thanks,

Rex

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I recycle my iPhone 6 with Verizon, if I buy my new iPhone 6s directly from Apple?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's trade in value and yes you can get it. There is a promo going on for trade ins that require purchasing a new device on payment plan from Verizon which you wouldn't be able to do. You also might consider selling your device yourself. You could probably get more money for it then Verizon is willing to give you. But if getting more doesn't matter to you then yes, you can trade in your phone to Verizon and receive credit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I recycle my iPhone 6 with Verizon, if I buy my new iPhone 6s directly from Apple?
Snn5
Legend

You can trade in your phone to Verizon and use that money towards your bill, but you cannot get a promo credit unless you buy from Verizon. 

Think:  If Verizon gives you a credit but you buy from Apple, then Verizon gave you a credit for nothing in return.  It seems that credits are higher when you trade and buy from Verizon, rather than just trade in the device.

0 Likes
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't quite understand. You say I can trade it in and use that to pay my bill, but I can't get a promo credit. What is a promo credit? When I go online and estimate the value of my pristine iPhone 6 on the verizon site, it says it's worth $348 trade in value. Can I apply that $348 towards my phone bill? Is that trade in value, or is that promo credit?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  You can trade it in for credit on your monthly bill.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's trade in value and yes you can get it. There is a promo going on for trade ins that require purchasing a new device on payment plan from Verizon which you wouldn't be able to do. You also might consider selling your device yourself. You could probably get more money for it then Verizon is willing to give you. But if getting more doesn't matter to you then yes, you can trade in your phone to Verizon and receive credit.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are much better off selling it on ebay, gazelle.com, swappa.com, or glyde.com or something like that. You will get much more money for your iPhone 6.

0 Likes
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I checked again with Verizon and they verified that I could. When I look at Ebay or Craigslist, or check the other online trade-in services, it doesn't seem that I could get that much more, if any more at all. Plus, this is so much easier.

0 Likes
REX13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks but when I look at Ebay or Craigslist, or check the other online trade-in services, it doesn't seem that I could get that much more, if any more at all. Plus, this is so much easier.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, when I said you could trade in your phone to Verizon, I meant you could trade in your phone to Verizon.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

For some it is easier to just trade it in. But if you sold it (assuming it is is excellent condition with no scratches and no cracks) you should be able to sell it for at least $500. I always sell my iPhones via eBay and when I sold mine in January (iPhone 6 64 gb) I was able to sell it for $625 fairly quickly. Of course, considering that a lot of people are unloading their iPhones now the price might be lower but I am seeing most Buy It Nows for an iPhone 6 16 GB used with no or minimal cosmetic wear visible listed for above $500. If you take great pictures of your device showing all sides clearly and showing that it powers up along with being very detailed in your description you tend to sell well. It also helps that I always am able to give buyers the original box and include the original accessories. Just something to consider if you change your mind. In general you will get more money selling your devices on your own versus trading them in...especially if they are newer models (like the iPhone 6 which is still a sought after product).

0 Likes