Backup Assistant wiped out contacts list?
jwesleyTX

Hi,

I have an iPhone 5s running ios 9.3.5

I recently lost all my contacts, I think from trying to clean out the phone from bloated data. Either way I *had* 129-ish numbers in the last time I'd used the Backup Assistant App so I started the app. There were no options to either upload or download, all it did was auto-sync and appears to have now taken the 0 contacts on my phone to update my off phone contact list to 0.

The website is unhelpful as it's all Verizon Cloud it seems, and as I wasn't using that I also don't have any contacts stored through that apparently.

Is there a "trash can" to restore from? The forums seemed to indicate yes, but I can't find how to access it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant wiped out contacts list?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all your efforts, jwesleyTX. I know that losing your contacts is upsetting but you’re on the right path to get them restored. Backup Assistant has been incorporated into Verizon Cloud, so if there were any details in Backup Assistant they have been moved over to the Cloud. If the contacts were originally stored on Backup Assistant but have been recently deleted, you can follow the steps at Restore Deleted Files - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless  to restore contacts from the Trash. Since you are also using an iPhone, please double check your iCloud at www.icloud.com to see if your contacts were actually being stored through Apple instead of through Verizon.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant wiped out contacts list?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all your efforts, jwesleyTX. I know that losing your contacts is upsetting but you’re on the right path to get them restored. Backup Assistant has been incorporated into Verizon Cloud, so if there were any details in Backup Assistant they have been moved over to the Cloud. If the contacts were originally stored on Backup Assistant but have been recently deleted, you can follow the steps at Restore Deleted Files - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless  to restore contacts from the Trash. Since you are also using an iPhone, please double check your iCloud at www.icloud.com to see if your contacts were actually being stored through Apple instead of through Verizon.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes