Re: BOGO offer says a lot for Verizon loyalty...
Stickermann

PS;  Does Verizon even have for lack of a better term "a complaint department" to try & clarify these type issues; as customer service is like talking to a computer?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Stickermann wrote:

Bit of a similar, but slightly different issue with Verison and their current BOGO offer.  Moved my number to my employer's account a few years ago when my phone died and they offered to purchase a new one.  Now retiring and want to move it to my Verizon account (and keep my number of 20+ years); and was told I could do so and upgrade my wife's i6s using the BOGO ($700 credit on the new line), but needed to have my company release my number.  

I did that and when I tried to move forward was told by the next representitive and her boss that while I was "adding a number to my account, since it was from a Verizon business account (I'd told that to the initial rep) it wasn't eligible, unless I changed my phone number??  Bottom line--If I agree to use a new number (a big pain) I can get a $700 credit on one phone while buying another at full price; but using my existing number I need to pay full price for both?  How does this possibly make sense, and why was I lied to by the first agent--Confused??

"New line" means new to the carrier.  Moving from within Verizon doesn't make it new.   The first rep may not have understood.  
⤵️

All deals are published online, you can read them on the sales pages.  
⤴️

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Stickermann wrote:

PS;  Does Verizon even have for lack of a better term "a complaint department" to try & clarify these type issues; as customer service is like talking to a computer?

No.

And complaining about what?  The miscommunication?   Or the terms of published offers?  
Thete is a reason they are published for all to read.

0 Likes