BEWARE BOGO $700 Off Promo or Other Promo Offers
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

BEWARE of the Verizon Promotion Department using tactics to deny paying out on promotions.  I bought 2 Apple XS Max phones using the BOGO $700 Off Promotion days before the promo ended.  The Verizon rep made a mistake on the order and had to cancel and reenter it one day after the promo ended.  The Verizon rep assured me that this WOULD NOT impact my promotional credit.  I even kept copies of the chats as proof.  I contacted Verizon every month following and every month Verizon realized that it was their mistake and issued 1 month of equivalent credit to my account.  After the 5th month Verizon said the promo department has closed the case and will no longer issue credits.  UNBELIEVABLE!  I could've sued and probably would've won, but I would rather handle things by warning my colleagues, friends, and family then search for a better carrier.  I'm sure that there are better carriers that deserve my $400 per month.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BEWARE BOGO $700 Off Promo or Other Promo Offers
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow!  I take back everything that I said.  Verizon made everything right.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

@ScottPreston wrote:

BEWARE of the Verizon Promotion Department using tactics to deny paying out on promotions.  I bought 2 Apple XS Max phones using the BOGO $700 Off Promotion days before the promo ended.  The Verizon rep made a mistake on the order and had to cancel and reenter it one day after the promo ended.  The Verizon rep assured me that this WOULD NOT impact my promotional credit.  I even kept copies of the chats as proof.  I contacted Verizon every month following and every month Verizon realized that it was their mistake and issued 1 month of equivalent credit to my account.  After the 5th month Verizon said the promo department has closed the case and will no longer issue credits.  UNBELIEVABLE!  I could've sued and probably would've won, but I would rather handle things by warning my colleagues, friends, and family then search for a better carrier.  I'm sure that there are better carriers that deserve my $400 per month.

You knew they were wrong, which is why you saved your chat.  File a BBB complaint and Verizon will have to contact you.   

ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are absolutely correct.  My intuition told me to save the transcript because I've had so many issues trying to get promotional payouts.  I don't buy warranties because the coverage is garbage and the premiums and deductibles are outrageous.  I buy spare phones instead then put them in a drawer until the day comes that I should ever need them.  When you don't activate the phone right away then you are always fighting with them for months to get the promotion honored.  Activation is NEVER a stipulation, so why this is always an issue getting them to honor it is beyond me.  This particular circumstance is different, but as always -- they actively seek any means necessary to deny payout so BEWARE.  NEVER trust promotions from Verizon and NEVER trust what a sales rep promises you -- even if you have a record of that promise.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottPreston,

It concerns me to hear you are feeling this way and as a consumer, can relate to your need for the best promotion. You mentioned we provided you with a credit. Has the promotional concern been resolved? Was the credit you mentioned one lump sum? Please advise.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

[removed]

I placed a $3,000 order that day and pay about $400 per month, yet I'm haggled and denied a $700 promotion due to a Verizon sales agent's error. I am very disheartened by the actions of your promotions department. Verizon can rest assured that I will never place another order again.

Content removed per Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Oh plese. Verizon is not trying to deny anyone anything. Also why not do this this online? i dontl people that think they need to talk to someon to buy a phone.

0 Likes
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to speak with someone before buying the phones because I needed confirmation that the promotion would be honored if I didn't activate the 2nd phone right away.  If you had read the thread you would have seen that I had prior issues with promotions.  You also would have seen that I tried 5 times doing this online.

0 Likes
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow!  I take back everything that I said.  Verizon made everything right.  Thank you!

redgyone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same nightmare. I have gone into the corporate store, who says their hands are tied, call corporate 611. I call that worthless number and all they say is talk to the digital assistant. I try to chat with an agent (human) and they will not let me chat with a living person. When I tell them I want to buy another line, they let me connect to a live agent but when they realize I want to chat about a current issue the chat goes dead and it states a error has occurred.  How does one speak to a human being in this company. I cannot belive after 20 some years of being a customer,  a loyal customer never going outside to look for a better deal, and they treat me like this.  I have tried at least 20 times to reach a human contact and when they see it is me or one of the phones on my account, they say we see you've tried calling, please connect to the digital assistant and chat. Endless circle - how do you connect with a human being at Verizon? I'm ready to eat the cost of both phones and take my business elsewhere. 

mama23dogs
Legend

@ScottPreston wrote:

And what path got to the credit?  

0 Likes