Re: Re: Re: Appraisal Value for iPhone 5s trade-in
lmwsport7

I agree - which appears to conflict with this statement from the VZW rep above:

lmwsport7, upgrading to a new phone is an exciting time. I understand wanting to get a definitive answer to the appraisal value of your iPhone 5s. Having the option to trade in your device towards a credit is a great one. The value is not tied to your account payment method or plan. At times the appraisal value can change due to promotions we are running or any agreements we have with Apple. The values are subject to change at any time."

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is NOT in conflict with that statement IF the promotion currently running is for purchase of a phone on the Device Payment Plan. THAT, being part of the promotion, would require you to be on the Device Payment Plan.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think that may be because it seemed like you were asking about the trade in program in general and not specifically about the current promo. In general, your trade in and its value isn't based on what payment method you plan to use for your new phone. It's usually based solely on their appraisal and their decision on its worth. Normally, you wouldn't get $300 from Verizon for your 5s. That is a promo offer. Again, I'm only assuming the thinking behind be response because for myself...I understood your original question to be about your trade in value with no mention of trying to use the current promo. It's why I didn't think to point out the details of the promo initially because you never asked about it.

0 Likes