Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
sacbut34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the cellular version. What steps need to be taken now?

0 Likes
KAPSTE71

Sooo, today is Monday and I spent my whole weekend trying to activate my pre ordered watch. I am finally giving up and returning the device to the store I ordered it from. The device is not capable of activation because the hardware says that it has no sim and can't receive a carrier update for itself because it can actually get on the network.

For some reason they had device serial numbers and sims mixed up which in itself is weird because the apple watch has an embedded sim. Even after they figured this out, no go.

Apple could not activate the device.

Also to save anyone time, don't go to the Apple Store. They will say they will have to send it out and not just exchange it because it was not apart of the their inventory. This is if you bought it from Verizon.

Verizon store said they would charge me a restocking fee when I tried to return the device the first time, so be prepared for that as well.

I would just try and reorder it again from Verizon. But I will actually just go ahead and return the device and then order directly from Apple in the invent this happens again. That way Apple CAN exchange it because it is from their inventory.

I hope this helps someone.

0 Likes
Maverick84

I have the same error message "NumberShare extensions can't be added on Government Accounts"

I am most definitely not a government employee.

Is there a solution to this problem yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maverick84,

We can relate to how important it is that you are able to use your device. How did you order the device? What steps did you take when you were attempting to activate?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Maverick84

I preordered from Apple's Website. I have been trying to activate from the Watch App on my iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I thank you for clarifyng, MAverick84. Did you get a new line of service for your watch? If not, please reach out to my sales team at 888-924-7937

KatiM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Maverick84

I was unable to add it to my current plan via the Watch App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Already got that new line set up, Maverick84? Perfect. On the iPhone that will be sharing the number is Voice & Data checked as on in this setting?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203124
W

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
CrappleUser

Essentially I have been on the phone for 4 days being told that my SIM card was missing and to take it to the store to have the watch opened and one installed................

i take a Le a two hour lunch and go to the store... the sales person literally laughed and said “there is no SIM card, it’s all digital. there is nothing we can do to help. You can either get back on the phone with tech support or return it. We can’t order an exchange because the ETA is too far out to receive a new device and the system wont allow it”.

i call customer service again. They put me with tech... the people who think there is a physical SIM card to be installed... I was sent from tier 1 to tier 2, transfered to Apple tier 1 then tier 2. It was there I was told the watch is defective and my only option with Apple is to send it in for repair.

i called customer service to update them on their... performance... and let them know I want a NEW one ordered. It came out of the box jacked up not after 3 weeks of use. I was advised the only solution was to go to the store to return it and then order a new one. Needless to say... Verizon... I hate you.

0 Likes
STEVEstojan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I have the same issue.

Bought my Apple Watch (space gray, 42mm, LTE) from the Apple store today. Made the mistake of leaving without activating since I’ve activated dozens of iPhones and iPads over the years and figured it’d be easy. So I get to work, set up the watch and have zero luck on getting the LTE to work. I get a message on my iPhone  that I can’t complete this action and to call an 800 # at VZW. I do that and after ZERO help they tell me to I have go to a VZW store. I went after work to the nearest VZW store. The ineptitude was unreal.

First, they have no idea so THEY call tech support. They are told it was because there was a “fraud alert on my account and they cleared it.” The fraud alert? Because I tried too many times to activate it. Anyway, this doesn’t work.

Next, and I’m not kidding, they tell me to turn it off and turn it back on. Of course that didn’t work.

Then, they tell me they can see the SIM identification number on their computer but there is nothing on the watch. They then say it’s because I need to add a line. Done. Nothing.

They call back to their own tech support “level two” who tells them ”it’s a known issue and to return the watch to Apple as it is a hardware issue.” If this was a known issue, why did they keep me in the store for an hour and a half?

And now I will be going to Apple tomorrow and likely wasting 3 hours there arguing with them and verizon.

0 Likes