Re: Apple Music Subscription through Verizon won't verify!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

elliskimberly, we're concerned to hear you're having issues as well. Let's take a look deeper, and get yours working. What is happening when you try to sign up?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
gshirle1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is so frustrating.  I have never had an apple music account.  We moved to verizon from AT&T to get the free apple music.  previously, our family shared an apple ID so we could manage our kids app downloads easier.  I originally signed my phone up for apple music using this shared apple id (which is actually my wife's account).  We then realized that the apple music plan with verizon will require us to have 4 separate apple ID's to listen to apple music.  I then tried to sign out of my wife's apple id and into my own apple id within music.  Now I am caught in this same endless loop.  My wife can use her ID and listen to apple music and if I log into her account on my phone, I can listen to apple music, but if I log out and log into my account, it will not work.  

sometimes I will get a popup that states "This membership is already being used with a different apple ID".  I have removed my device from everything associated with her account.  When we look at "subscriptions" on my phone or hers... Apple music is not even on there.  

I need to remove my device from her ID, but have no idea how to do it and have read countless forums and tried everything and cannot get it to work.  I have been on hold and discussed this with both Apple and Verizon techs for over 6 hours.  Nobody can solve this.  Please help.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry for the inconvenience, gshirle1. I can understand how frustrating it can be to be the only one on your account that is unable to take advantage of this Apple Music promotion. Have you been able to try the steps we posted previously to the community member Muzicluvr3? Have you confirmed you are an Account Owner or Manager?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
thealexander8085
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue.  I have made multiple calls to Tech Support and spent countless hours trying different things.  I have been escalated to Tier 2 support several times, but still unresolved.

After searching the Internet and reading online community posts, I finally was able to get the issue pinpointed to "This membership is already being used with a different Apple ID".  

Where do I go from here?  VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thealexander8085, making sure you are able to start enjoying your Apple Music subscription is always important. Your time is valuable and we are here to assist you with moving forward with a resolution. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken in efforts to resolve this concern. Let’s review. Are you sharing your Apple ID with another family member or friend? Have you subscribed to Apple Music previously while utilizing this Apple ID? Can you please launch the “Music” app and click on “For You” located at the bottom of the screen and let us know what options you see from this page?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Calleamichael
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I'm an account manager and I am enrolled but I go to the Apple Music app and click joined through version the screen loads and says "contacting Verizon and validating your Apple Music subscription" it loads and brings me right back to Apple Music. I try to play a song and it asks me to try for free or joined through Verizon so I click joined through Verizon and it's the same thing over and over 

Pissov
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bump.

Same issue and scenario. 2 hours Verizon and 2 hours Apple.

Must be tied to hardware. IMEI or Number not SIM. SIM swap did not work.

What is the backend process to authenticate an Apple ID to Verizon Services.?!?

Please Verizon Community Manager do some research and don't reply with a generic response because everything you have suggested DOES NOT WORK. Steps 5, 6 and beyond.

jsh1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I try to access Apple Music and I get prompted to purchase a plan. There is a "Joined through Verizon?" link, but that link does not appear to do anything. I end up back at the same point unable to listen to any music.

The Verizon subscription does not show up under Settings->Subscriptions, but on the Verizon site it says my line is "Enrolled". Based on the number of people having problems with this, my recommendation for Verizon would be to provide a step by step guide to "unenroll" a line and reenroll. Surely that would resolve most of the issues. 

0 Likes
Pissov
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is another thread regarding this

Apple Music Signup Issues 

I was able to get my last line registered. I have a total of 5 lines. This might get a little convoluted. I use phyical SIM cards but this isn't tied to a SIM card because two SIM swaps were performed.

So for reference:

Device 4 = Mine

Device 5= Daughter

4 worked flawlessly but the 5th had an issue. All separate Apple ID's and IMEI's but when my daughter went register she was using my Apple ID for other reasons. Everything registered fine and it was working. I launched Apple Music from my phone and it was working under my Apple ID that my daughter registered on her device but the thing is I wasn't even on Verizon at the time. hmm

Fast forward - I moved my line to Verizon, Unlimited plan and Enrolled in Apple Music. I had my daughter sign out of my Apple ID and login with hers so she could use her own plan, playlist, etc. And this is where the trouble begins. You get one activation per Apple ID and per IMEI. Once it's used there is no way to reset this from the consumer end and apparently Verizon Customer service is clueless. My previous posts show that I enrolled and unrolled dozens of times, talked to VZ and Apple for several hours.

SO....on my device that I never activated/registered an Apple Music account because it was done on my daughters device using my Apple ID, I logged in under her Apple ID, clicked on the text message link that Verizon sent, verified my Apple ID and it worked. It did take a reboot and making sure I was completely logged out of my account on Itunes. I logged out of her Apple ID and logged back in with mine and it was still working. I had her login with her own Apple ID and it worked!!

Once you register an Apple ID on a device, with the plan and enrolled then it used it's ONE activation. In my case my daughter subscribed to Apple Music on her device with my Apple ID and I subscribed to Apple Music on my device under her Apple ID. We then switch back to our own accounts and it has been working since.

Hope this helps and applies to your scenario.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Apple Music issue resolved ASAP.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes