Apple Music Subscription through Verizon won't verify!
Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for an Apple Music Subscription through Verizon on February 5, 2019. I have been unable to listen to Apple Music this whole time. It will not link my Apple ID with my Subscription through Verizon. I am caught in a never-ending loop where it keeps sending me back to the verify your subscription through Verizon page. I have searched the internet exhaustive for a solution and have found nothing that will work. I have signed in and out of iCloud numerous times. I have posted in the Verizon forums and no one acknowledges the question. I have reset my phone and reset my phone settings. What in the world is going on here? Honestly, this shouldn't be this hard! Please help resolve this! So frustrating!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple Music Subscription through Verizon won't verify!
Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got the issue resolved on April 8, 2019.  I had to go to Apple Support and the issue had to be escalated to the Engineering department as none of the Techs I worked with were able to help me resolve it.  In the end, I figured the issue out myself and resolved it, however, they did point me in the direction that ultimately resulted in my resolution.  They had me looking on family members phones to see if my Apple ID was somehow listed on their accounts and it wasn't, but I was thinking about that and I went into my contacts and noticed that had double contacts for 1 of my family members.  As I looked down through the information on the contact, I noticed that on the one contact it said:  Linked ID:  and my Apple ID was listed there.  It was at the very bottom of the contact info.  I looked everywhere to see how to "unlink" it but I wasn't successful, so I just decided to delete the contact.  After that, something just told me to go check and see if my subscription would verify and it verified my subscription immediately and the problem was resolved!  

To summarize, the issue was with my Apple ID being linked to another Apple Music Subscriber's ID.  Let's just say that Apple is SERIOUS about not letting anyone rip them off by sharing Apple Music Subscriptions and since there was this one little instance where my Apple ID was linked with theirs, they were NOT going to let me have an Apple Music Subscription until that issue was resolved.  I hope this helps someone else with the same issue.  I haven't found this solution listed anywhere that I looked and it took over 2 months to figure this out!

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

What is the name of the Verizon price plan you’re on? Are you using the regular SIM on your phone (not esim)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Muzicluvr3,

I can tell by your name that you're a music lover like I am, so I can certainly understand the concern if you're caught in a loop while trying to register for the Apple Music offer. We don't want this to be exhausting for you any longer, so let's get this corrected ASAP for you so you can take advantage of this awesome deal!

First and foremost, what plan are you currently on with us? Are you the Account Owner or Manager of the account we're trying to activate it on? Have you already gone through and canceled your Apple Music subscription through Apple?

If you already subscribe to Apple Music, when you sign in to Apple Music with your Apple ID you’ll be directed to cancel your duplicate Apple Music subscription. If you want to take advantage of your included subscription of Apple Music, cancel your current subscription through Apple Music via Settings. Question #5 within the link here (http://spr.ly/6600EnKOM) will guide you through the process as well. 

Let us know how this works for you.

RyanCo_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a regular Sim card.  I got my iPhone XS Max on the first day they were released and the eSim was not yet ready at that time.

0 Likes
Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, I also forgot to mention that I signed up for the 6 months free Apple Music Subscription with Unlimited Data Plan that Verizon is offering.

0 Likes
Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply!  I really need help with this!  I did have Apple music previously and I cancelled that subscription.  Additionally, i also withdrew from my "family" subscription through Apple and signed into the App Store and iTunes with my personal and individual iCloud ID.  I'm not sure if I am the account owner or just a manager, but I think I'm the owner.  I receive the Account Bill in my name.  I am permitted to make changes to the account.  I signed up for the 6 months Free Trial with an Unlimited Data Plan.  There are 2 other phones on my account and each device is independently enrolled.  The other 2 phones are having no problem at all.  Previously before removing myself from the "Family Sharing" account, we would receive a message that "it looks like you are listening on another device".  For this reason, I withdrew from the Family sharing account and signed into the App Store and iTunes Store with my personal iCloud ID.  But, now it will not acknowledge my subscription through Verizon asking me to continuously either sign up for Apple Music or "Joined through Verizon?  Verify your Account".  And to reiterate again, the very first thing I did was cancel my previous subscription through Apple Music.  Apple does not show that I have any type of active Apple Music Subscription, whether through Apple OR through Verizon.  

Thanks for any help and please keep helping me!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the information and the steps that you have taken, Muzicluvr3. When it comes to adding the promotion, you would have to be an Account Owner or Account Manager. Below are the steps to add the Apple Music promotion from your computer.

1. Visit www.vzw.com/applemusic on your desktop or mobile browser or sign in to My Verizon through verizonwireless.com
2. Roll mouse over My Plans and Services
3. Click Manage Products & Apps
4. Under Premium Products tab click Get Apple Music
5. Select the line you want to enroll in the free Apple Music trial, accept the Terms and Conditions, select confirm. Repeat for each eligible line you would like to enroll.
6. Each line will get a text message with a link to the Apple Music App if downloaded, or the App Store if not
7. Keep in mind that only Account Owners or Managers can activate and manage the trial, so you’ll need their help to start your trial if you’re an Account Member.

If these steps do not work, then it’s possible that you are not an Account Manager or Account Owner. At that point, the Account Owner would need to add you as an Account Manager. They can do so with the following link: https://ebillpay.verizonwireless.com/vzw/ahonly/profile/showAcctMgrsdisplay.action.   AdamB_VZW

Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response yet again!

I have checked and I am indeed the account owner.  I have enrolled all 3 of my lines in the past (2/05/19).  We all received text messages on our respective lines/devices and I too received one on my line on 2/05/19, when I first enrolled my line in the 6-month trial.  Despite this, I am still stuck in the endless "Joined through Verizon? Verify your line" loop that results in me getting nowhere and no ability to use my Apple Music Subscription.

Muzicluvr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got the issue resolved on April 8, 2019.  I had to go to Apple Support and the issue had to be escalated to the Engineering department as none of the Techs I worked with were able to help me resolve it.  In the end, I figured the issue out myself and resolved it, however, they did point me in the direction that ultimately resulted in my resolution.  They had me looking on family members phones to see if my Apple ID was somehow listed on their accounts and it wasn't, but I was thinking about that and I went into my contacts and noticed that had double contacts for 1 of my family members.  As I looked down through the information on the contact, I noticed that on the one contact it said:  Linked ID:  and my Apple ID was listed there.  It was at the very bottom of the contact info.  I looked everywhere to see how to "unlink" it but I wasn't successful, so I just decided to delete the contact.  After that, something just told me to go check and see if my subscription would verify and it verified my subscription immediately and the problem was resolved!  

To summarize, the issue was with my Apple ID being linked to another Apple Music Subscriber's ID.  Let's just say that Apple is SERIOUS about not letting anyone rip them off by sharing Apple Music Subscriptions and since there was this one little instance where my Apple ID was linked with theirs, they were NOT going to let me have an Apple Music Subscription until that issue was resolved.  I hope this helps someone else with the same issue.  I haven't found this solution listed anywhere that I looked and it took over 2 months to figure this out!

garciaei61

Hi,

I was thinking of getting the Verizon Apple Music promotion that is free for 6 months and 9.99/line thereafter.  I have the GO UNLIMITED Plan.  I have 4 lines on this plan.  I have not taken advantage of this promotion as outside of Verizon the Apple Music Family plan is only 14.99 for up to 6 devices.  Why would Verizon not offer the Family plan after the 6 months?  Does anyone knows?

Regards...

0 Likes