jam3es

is it possible for me to use my flip-phone number for an IPhone app (the iphone doesnt have a number), and get by for free

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: App
Snn5
Legend

Most likely, the app requires a working phone number which won't be the case on the iPhone, since it is not active on a plan.  Are you trying to find a way for free min/text/and data?  Using a wifi-calling app is the only way to make use of a phone which has no service agreement with a carrier.  You are then tied to wifi only and you would have to use an alternate number like Google Voice.  Which app are you trying to use if I may ask?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

0 Likes
bubba_james_junior

I do know there are ways to get 'reception' from an unsigned phone but in the end somebody gets chewed out from this

0 Likes
jam3es

i just want to use my cell phone number for an app on an IPhone with no plan

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most likely, the app requires a working phone number which won't be the case on the iPhone, since it is not active on a plan.  Are you trying to find a way for free min/text/and data?  Using a wifi-calling app is the only way to make use of a phone which has no service agreement with a carrier.  You are then tied to wifi only and you would have to use an alternate number like Google Voice.  Which app are you trying to use if I may ask?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you are trying to use an active cell number for one of the many calling apps, it should not work.  You have to select one of the available numbers.

THink about it...what is to prevent someone else from using your number also? 

SInce your number is how the carrier tracks your phone text and data use in order to bill you?

Apps like google voice can receive forwarded voice calls.  Since the iPhone doesn't have service, you would only be able to use it with wifi.

jam3es

Whatsapp

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

iPhone doesn't have whatsapp.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT isn't in the App Store, yet when googled, it claims it works on iPhone.

Still. No.  The number assigned to your flip phone can't be used on the flip phone and whatsapp, or any other messaging service.