App won't open on my iPhone 4 anymore, just a spinning circle?
Tkaplan

I Have been using the cloud app on my phone, but have been unable to open in the last few times, just get the spinning circle. Coincidentally this started happening  after the free upgrade from 5 to 25 gb. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: App won't open on my iPhone 4 anymore, just a spinning circle?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the cloud feature is extremely useful Tkaplan. I'm sorry you're having issues. Have you tried to update the application on your phone? There may have been an update for the app via Itunes.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AGCmommy

My app is now doing the same as the person above.  I have Checked and I have the most recent version.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AGCmommy!

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the problem begin? Do you experience the issue via wi-fi or the VZW network?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AGCmommy

Thanks so much for your help!

The problem started Tuesday after I tried doing a backup (which never finished). I have tried it only on wifi from my home.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AGCmommy,

We want to get your phone working for you again. Please try a backup again. Did it advise you that you do not have enough memory for the cloud? If so, please try backing up through iTunes. Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AGCmommy

It will not even allow me into the app to try to do a back up. All that happens is the red screen comes up and the processing wheel keeps spinning.  Nothing more happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AGCmommy,

Let's keep working on this together. What application are you trying to open up? Have you tried to go to your iTunes/Application store and see if there are any updates? If you have done all of these I suggest that you press and hold the application and delete the application. When you have done that you can redownload the application and not lose any information.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BB10851

I know this is an old question, but no one out there ever mentions the 'force close'.  My Verizon app only works once or twice before entering the 'spin zone'.  On iPhones, iPads, etc., double click your thumb so that you now see all open apps like a revolving door.  Swipe up on every app you want to close.  When you force close (the already running Verizon app) you may then thumb out and the app should open for you next time.  Force closing also helps battery life because all those apps you see in the revolving door are running,... all the time Smiley Sad

0 Likes