“Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices” Fails to Activate
lighthouseflame
Enthusiast - Level 1

On an iPhone 8 running iOS 12 on a pre-paid Verizon wireless plan the ”Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices” option (shown in the image below and circled in yellow) fails to activate:

AA43B0DA-88E4-4749-AFF3-148C507F8001.jpeg

When the activation fails it fails with the following error:

467302D7-66C1-417F-B3C4-424EFAD7A460.png

I have tried calling customer service for support but had no answer to my question. Please can someone with knowledge of this situation explain to me why this avaiable service is failing to activate and what action may need to be taken for it to activate? To date, I have had no answers.

Labels (1)
Re: “Add Wi-Fi Calling for Other Devices” Fails to Activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lighthouseflame,

I've seen this feature on my iPhone and I've been curious about it. We certainly want you to be able to use all available options when it comes to your device as possible. I'd like to dig a little deeper here. How have you tried activating this? I ask because you would have to be off WiFi to activate it for the very first time. Please share how you've been trying this. Also, are all the devices you are trying to link this to using your same Apple ID? 

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lighthouseflame
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Thank you for your response. I have tried activating this service both on and off of WiFi and with each attempt I get the same error as I included in my original post. Also all of my devices use the same Apple ID.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Adam, for providing us with this updated information. Let's continue to gather more details pertaining to the error. How long has this been happening for since you've started to turn the Wi-Fi calling on? Also, have you tried to perform a reset on your device as well as reset the Network Settings since you've tried to turn on the Wi-Fi calling? 

ELECTRICB03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have a prepaid account? If you do then that's why you're getting that message, add wifi calling for other devices only works on the post paid plans. That's the same message I got when I signed up for prepaid but it went away once I upgraded.

Charles33579

I had no issues on postpaid, now that I've moved to prepaid this feature fails to activate for me as well.

I specifically asked if this feature was available on prepaid before switching plans and was told that it was.

Been on the line with tech support for 30 mins and still no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charles33579, first and foremost, I personally apologize that you've been on the line with our Technical Support team for 30 minutes and haven't received an answer to your inquiry about the Wi-Fi Calling feature failing to activate on your prepaid device. We know how extremely busy many of our customers are and we truly value your time. Wi-Fi Calling is a great convenience for our customers and many HD Voice-capable devices also support Wi-Fi Calling for both postpay and prepaid devices we offer. You can view additional information about Wi-Fi Calling including how to enable this feature for your device at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/?cmp=COMM_RELCON. I hope this is helpful. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Have you resetted your network settings on your iPhone? That might help with the Wi-Fi Calling on iCloud-connected devices activation issue.

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Edit: You probably don't have Integrated Calling provisioned on your prepaid account. You will want to contact Verizon Wireless Prepaid Customer Service to see if this is possible.

0 Likes
Edit: I tried it, and it only works with postpaid account...
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

Edit: I tried it, and it only works with postpaid accounts. I am sorry, but you are going to have to convert the account to postpaid, or go without...