5c acting insane! Apps open on their own, typing happens on its own. Have I been hacked?
lmurra29

I just got my screen replaced on my Apply 5C and since then my phone has been acting very strange. All of the sudden, apps will open, typing happens on its own in text messages, calendar opens all of the sudden. It's all very rapid. I consider myself a pretty savvy user, but I've never seen this. Did the screen make my phone ultra sensitive? Was I hacked? Here's a more specific example -- I click on facebook app and all of the sudden about 20 clicks are made where my post opens, camera opens, nonsense letters are typed, dictation opens, emojis open, back to pictures, then camera, then back to post. The entire time I'm clicking the "x" or discard and new things keep opening. Here's another example -- I open my email and then a new message opens, then i'm out of that message and things are deleted, then calendar is open then it's discarded. In both scenarios, it happens within seconds. It's insane. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do? I did the most recent Apple update hoping it would fix a bug and it did not. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 5c acting insane! Apps open on their own, typing happens on its own. Have I been hacked?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I occasionally have my App Store app open when using Safari. No clue what causes it and I can't find anything that has worked to clear the issue. It doesn't happen often but I'm curious if it's related to one of the gaming apps I have. It always opens the App Store to a game (not always the same game. Not sure if it's the same creator though). Just never bothered me enough to harp on it too long but it would be interesting to know the culprit.

0 Likes
Re: 5c acting insane! Apps open on their own, typing happens on its own. Have I been hacked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, there's definitely some strange things going on with your phone Imurra29. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. I noticed you advised your screen was recently replaced? Was your phone dropped prior and the screen shattered? Where was the screen replaced at? Did you install any new third party apps when this started?

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your screen is a capacitive touch screen.  It seems this was damaged when the screen was replaced.

The iPod touch Screen - HowStuffWorks

go back to apple for repair.

0 Likes