will not recognize the Lucid LG when connected with USB
samrmusso

My Dell  will not recognize the Lucid LG when connected with USB. Both the computer and phone gives a split second prompt that they are connected but then goes away immediately.  After reconnecting it several times however it will finally recognize the mass storage. How can I get away from the hassle of multiple re-connections before it finally recognizes that connection?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: will not recognize the Lucid LG when connected with USB
samrmusso

Also when connected the first time the phone does begin charging. My settings on the phone are set for mass storage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's some helpful information about your issue samrmusso! Some recommendations that I have for you is to try a different USB port on the computer to see if it isn't an issue with that specific USB port.  Are you using the cable that came with the device (recommended) or a 3rd party cable (may not support data transfering properly)? You can also try restarting both the device and computer and retest. It's possible that there's a driver conflict on your Dell. Here's how to check for these types of conflicts: http://goo.gl/qH4m5 

Keep us posted on any additional information/details about your issue.

Thanks,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
spottsmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had this issue so many times and it only helped when i installed them personally deleted by opening file location and going in to it by highlighting it and using delete key to delete  then i ran my register cleaner (CCleaner) then looked in my my computer area there was my phone so it is something in that software not clicking. Oh and this is a LG Lucid

Hope this helps

0 Likes
jmjr

I finally got mine working by downloading the  drivers directly on my laptop.  Before that, my Lucid showed as the CDROM and the drivers always failed.  The one that worked for me was "verizon25-2.5.192-3".  It still doesn't like me changing USB ports though and reinstalls the drivers.

0 Likes