Re: why is my 4G LTE so slow?
sea_raptor
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said in my original post/message, I have a Google Pixel.  It seems like the problem has been an issue as long as I can remember.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I've got a limited plan. 4G on a V30 in a suburb of metro ATL: 3.47Mbps down / 1.37Mbps up. at 7:06pm EST. Sometimes the upload is almost non-exitant.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

As you also stated in your original post:

sea_raptor wrote:

I am on an unlimited plan, but have only used about 6GB of data for the month, so I shouldn't be getting throttled.

However, you have NOT answered the question asked twice which is specifically which unlimited plan you are on. I am not sure if you are aware but there are 2 different unlimited plans and there ARE differences.

Unless you tell us which plan you are on we cannot provide any insight to your issue and continue to allow you to hijack another user's thread.

stef7
Master - Level 2

other posters are going to tell you that with the GoUnlimited version of "unlimited" (sic), your data may be de-prioritized as a result of tower congestion... but according to the description of the plan, no one knows what constitutes congested, nor briefly, nor the probability of the tower or towers in your area being "congested".

If you are on the BeyondUnlimited version of "unlimited", well then supposedly, you will not have your data packet de-prioritized unless unless you hit a magic limit.

If you are on a limited plan, such as I, well, I've just provided info to suggest, download might be fair, and upload may not even register...

personally? I don't think the software running in the towers are providing service consistent with the descriptions of the plans, at the same time, Verizon seems to be re-allocating spectrum, and changing tower hardware to prep for upcoming technology.

0 Likes
sea_raptor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have BeyondUnlimited.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sea_raptor, you have a great phone and we want you enjoying it again. You mentioned that this has been happening for sometime now, do you have any issues with calls or messages? Did this begin with the purchase of this phone? Do you happen to know if anyone else in the area is experiencing this?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it doesn't matter which unlimited plan anybody's on, the best connect thru verizon will be 5-12mbps.

unlimited refers to data usage, not connect speeds.

download ookla & see for yourselves:

Speedtest by Ookla - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Remember this:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/articles/4g-lte-speeds-vs-your-home-network/

That article indicates 4GLTE upto 50Mbps peak... It's sad, but plenty of users would love 5Mbps down.. Your "Best Connect" comment means less than 5Mbps is probable.

Beyond FAQ here:

Beyond Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Below 3Mbps, I don't think you'll be streaming 720p video on a phone.

OK so 20GB (20E9) for BeyondUnlimited before reduction right? 5MB (5E6) "best connect" per the above (if you are lucky).

20E9/5E6 = 4000sec of high-def (720p) video

4000/60 = 66.66minutes (not even 1 movie's worth) of streaming before speed reduction.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

AAAAAH! But it DOES matter which unlimited plan you are on.

If you are on GoUnlimited you can be de-prioritized due to congestion regardless of how much or little data you have used.

If you are on BeyondUnlimited you shouldn't get de-prioritized until you are on a congested tower and have used 22GB of data.

However, data can be generally slower regardless of your plan if you are on a congested tower. Just like the highway, if too many cars are trying to get through it will cause slower speeds and jams.

bearone21
Legend

"up to 50".......i've read this article & why i said 5-12mbps "at best".

thanks for confirming!!

0 Likes