why can I only receive HD video calls, but not initiate them?
chudze

I have The lg v20,  and my wife has the Samsung note 5. When I try and video call if gives an error message, not able to receive video calls at this time.  But she can request me, and I accept  then Video is turned on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why can I only receive HD video calls, but not initiate them?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the HD Voice feature active on your line and phone? Are you getting the error when trying to call your wife or another person?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chudze

The feature is active on both phones, as when she she imitates the video I am able to accept it.  When I try to. Initiate video the error message pops up "Can't recieve video calls at this time"

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The error message is shown on your phone or hers?

I'm thinking there is an issue on the Verizon Wireless server side of things for your line. I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your wife's phone and tell the reps the issue. Have them reset the HD Voice feature for your line from their end. You will likely need to reboot your phone during the process which is the reason you don't want to call from that phone for the troubleshooting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
chudze

I see the error message on my end. But on her phone she can press video call and I am able to accept it and video works.

0 Likes
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure you are able to use your phone properly. Let's work together on this. Do you have this issue with call video calls? When did this start happening? Has there been any recent updates on your device?

0 Likes