verizon location agent
joeaverage

"Verizon Location Agent is sending a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages."

Where I work, the signal drifts in and out throughout the day. These windows pop up and stack on top of one another and I cannot answer the phone until "Allow" or "Deny" is selected for each of these little windows. These are stacked-up dozens of times and most people will have hung up long before I can get them all closed. I would love to remove this app, but it cannot be singled-out that way. It is part of the entire Verizon package...(to my knowledge). Anyone else have this issue?

Kyocera Hydro Elite.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon location agent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joeaverage,

We'd love to take a closer look at this matter with you. What model phone do you have?  Have you powered off the VZW location services on the device?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
joeaverage

Thanks for the response. The model is C6750 with Android 4.1.2 and Verizon 2.006VZ. I haven't powered down the location agent as I do not know how. Sure, I can turn the location off for the entire phone (Google and the apps that rely on it), but not the Verizon Location Agent specifically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details joeaverage, this definitely helps us out a lot. The device is a Kyocera and the function for messages is working as designed. If you send more than 100 SMS in a 30 minute time period, you will see this message regarding Verizon Location Agent. I apologize for the inconvenience; if the developer releases and update to remove the feature, you will be notified.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
tone42

My problem is the exact same... But it is non stop, even tho i havent sent a text in hours....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tone42,

I want to make sure that we clear up any kind of issues you might be having. When did you start having this issue? Do you also have the same device, Kyocera phone? Are you using the text message application that came on the phone or a 3rd party application? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tooltime12

Wrong addressee and email.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tooltime12   - my guess is that you received these posts due to your VzW forum preferences; you'll need to change them if you no longer want to receive e-mail notices.  And posting your e-mail address is against the Terms of Service for this forum.

kortneyramey

I know this has nothing to do with it but why can I not send anything on here to Verizon's technical support

0 Likes