unable to update htc one m8 factory unlocked
rishi82in

Hi I recently purchased HTC one m8 32 gb factory unlocked verizon & using in India with GSM provider, everything works fine however i am facing 2 major issues

unable to update software - it mentions software update only available in cdma mode however i am using gsm

extremely slow charging- charging is really slow, to the point where had to put phone on charger for 24 hours to get it 100% charged

It does not have extreme saving mode as well

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to update htc one m8 factory unlocked
Not applicable

HTC Support | HTC United States

Yep I noticed it was not available. Which is strange. However there is a support link on that page and you may ask them when it will be available for download

Good Luck

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

I may be wrong But I'd say the reason your having the issue updating your phone is because were your Trying to use it at it may be best to get a M8 suited for the area your in and as for charging did you charge with what came in the Box or another source, Being that your in a Foreign Country it may also be a Good Idea to get a Universal Charging Kit so you can charge the phone using that Countries Current.. Hope that helps b33

0 Likes
rishi82in

thanks for the reply however factory unlocked means i can use it globally & with regular updates, also im using many devices from US however never had this problem before

my only question is why is phone showing software update only available in CDMA mode when it supports GSM/Global

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Let me send you a Direct Message I can Give you a suggestion how to get the update.. K

0 Likes
rishi82in

Sure you can mail me the process         or you can reply here , regarding charging i think update should resolve the error

My main concern is how to remove CDMA software mode since in India i will be using GSM & verizon rep told me for 2 years i will get regular updates may it be any sim locally/globally

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Through htc home site they might have a Link to download the update using your USB cord attached to your computer and your M8..  but that's just a Guess you might give there site a look.

0 Likes
rishi82in

nope not there , browsed entire website however verizon has released new update, on my phone it 1.12 however verizon is 1.55

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Verizon Customer Service open's in couple Hours you might give em Call and ask how you could get the update they may put you in touch with there Global Services Team..

Here is there Number..  To call them..  They don't have Email any longer they have a chat option but I don't how easy it is to go that Route so my suggestion if you can call is use the Numbers below..

1-800-922-0204  or *611

0 Likes
rishi82in

thanks for the support extended

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

Well Verizon Customer Service open's in couple Hours you might give em Call and ask how you could get the update they may put you in touch with there Global Services Team..

Here is there Number..  To call them..  They don't have Email any longer they have a chat option but I don't how easy it is to go that Route so my suggestion if you can call is use the Numbers below..

1-800-922-0204  or *611

If the OP isn't a customer of Verizon Wireless, the reps aren't going to be able to assist the OP.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes