Re: software download complete message
sajwedding
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this forum (among a few others) when searching the web for this exact issue.  I even saw some people have reported this same issue since 2013.  As a software developer myself, I just want to second what "pacv" stated above.  This is not some snooty developer's preference regarding display/design (I've seen plenty of those)... it's just plain atrocious for even the most common user. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To be fair, that pop up does not appear in Win 8.1 or 10.  The software updates manually with a right click of the icon or when you plug the phone into the PC and the software starts up.

DJILLY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I couldn't say it any better than pacv. As someone in IT, this is just beyond the pale. VZ you should be [removed] ashamed of yourselves for allowing this trash. Then again, anyone who has ever interacted with more than one of your home developed apps or your website knows you bare bones the work just so you can add an extra feature to the list of things you're providing us - so you're probably getting what you paid the [removed] who wrote this software for. As long as that profit margin stays high as [removed] it's obvious you guys could give two [removed], right?

And yes, I did make a profile SOLELY to chew your company out about this. You can expect an irate phone call about it as well...

0 Likes
Nward

I just got this non descript distressing pop up message today. Clearly this issue still has not been addressed and is still causing concern to Verizon and/or Samsung users!   I have Windows 10 and I have not plugged in my phone for at least a month so the previous poster was incorrect in saying that this is not happen in the newer operating systems. Even though I have come across this forum,  I am honestly still very leery of hitting either button.

0 Likes