so my droid razor hd wont go pass the red droid start screen,just spins and spins
jeanl

So my droid razor HD wont go pass the droid start up screen,it just spins, it does let me power it down by holding the volume down and power keys,but that's it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: so my droid razor hd wont go pass the red droid start screen,just spins and spins
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry for the issue you're having.  Try booting your phone in recovery mode first, and clearing your cache partition.  The steps are listed here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-66428/

Re: so my droid razor hd wont go pass the red droid start screen,just spins and spins
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From your posting it's sounds as if you have a "Boot Looping" Droid problem.  They can be the end of a phone's life but there is also some things you can try to save your phone . Give this a try and you may also need to have the OS  re-flash.

1. First of all remove the battery from your phone or tablet, and wait for almost 2 to 3 minutes. What if your device does not have removable battery? Well, then you can power off it for almost 4 to 5 minutes.
  2. Now you need to boot into Stock Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until you see the Android System Recovery menu on your screen.
  3. You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down to switch between different options and Power button to select your desire option.
  4. Now select the Wipe data/Factory Reset option and confirm it.
  5. Additionally, take also the following actions:

– Wipe cache partition
– Go to Advance and Wipe dalvick cache

1. Now Go back to the main Recovery menu and Select the option Reboot System Now to Reboot your phone.