security camera hook up through verizon instead of brighthouse
Lindaloowho

Can i hook up my security cameras through verizon instead of brighthouse? I can see my cameras on my phone but the signal is through brighthouse. If you know what i mean, please advise...thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: security camera hook up through verizon instead of brighthouse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lindaloowho,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Let’s see what we can uncover about your security camera. I just want to make sure I’m understanding everything to help you. Currently you have home internet service with a company called Brighthouse & view your security camera with that connection. Is this correct? Are you trying to use your cell phone to view your security camera? Any additional information is appreciated.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: security camera hook up through verizon instead of brighthouse
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This depends on the camera. Are your cameras classified as "Cloud Connected" cameras, or do they require your viewing device and the camera to be on the same network? If you don't know, the manufacturer or the manual for the camera should state this. A network-connected camera is a network-connected camera. For the most part, you can put them on any provider and they will work.

Some limitations boil down to how the connection is situated if you're able to access your camera remotely away from home. For example, if you need to Port Forward and use Dynamic DNS / your home's IP address to access your camera, this may not work on Verizon Wireless if your connection isn't provisioned to receive a routable IP Address (phones for example, don't receive routable IPs. They receive private IPs and all phone traffic goes through NAT Translation boxes on Verizon's network to share one IP Address), since port forwarding would be ineffective. Also keep in mind that data charges do apply, and video is costly to run over the Verizon Wireless network with current pricing methods.

Hope that makes sense.

0 Likes