saving voice mail permanently
msstilly

Hey everyone.  I lost my husband to cancer 6 weeks ago. I am retaining my last voice mail message from him which goes back to April of this year.  Is there a way I can transfer this to another device or to my computer because I love it so?  Thx!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: saving voice mail permanently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@msstilly

I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss and I can definitely understand your desire to retain this voice mail message.  I would love to help.

First, so that I may provide you the best solution, please share with me the model device you are using.  Are you currently using the Visual Voice Mail service or the Basic Voice Mail service http://vz.to/1AwkP9J?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
isurus13
Enthusiast - Level 1

hello msstilly, I have a solution for you that I use very often to save precious or important work voicemails from family and or coworkers. I use android on my Samsung S4 and I pay for visual voicemail. If you don't have that yet, its probably worth it to save your aforementioned voicemails from your husband.

When I click " voicemail " from my app list, it then shows me a list of voicemails from people.

Then I hold my finger down aka " long press " on the one that I want and it give me a list of actions:

Call

Delete

Forward

View Contact

Save a Copy

Ive never tried the save a copy option but I assume that would work too.

What I actually do is click " Forward "

Then it gives me a list to forward via:

Voice Mail

MMS

I select MMS and send it to my email address.

Then its waiting for me in my inbox and I save it in a folder to listen to at a later time.

There are probably 5 ways to save voicemails in the lists of actions up there but this is the one that I use all the time.

I'm gonna go try " Save a copy " and also try Forwarding via email to see if those are just as good.

Let me know if you have any problems and I will help you until its solved.

If its too hard or you don't want to buy visual voicemail, we can find a way to forward it to me and then I'll email you back the voice file for you to have as a keepsake.

Wish you well,

John

Snn5
Legend

Using Visual Voicemail, the Save Option saves to the phone itself, and then can be forwarded, emailed, transferred, etc...

Basic Visual is FREE.  Premium just transcribes and allows longer/more messages.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes