s6 costco deal for more of everything?
bimurtud

Costco has $100 for an s6 this month with a $150 rebate for new and upgraded lines.  I went to costco and the guy tried to tell me I had to go with ice cream scoops. I chatted online with verizon and they said I could stay on my more of everything plan ($45/mo with 6gb vs. small ice cream scoop at $50/mo 1gb maybe more with tax).  I want the $150 rebate but I don't thing I'll get it without going ice cream scoops, but I can't find a definitive answer because only costco will know for sure.  What is the incentive for me to go pay more for icecream, get less data, and buy a full price phone?   I don't get it. It is hard to figure this out because verizon doesn't really know what costco it doing with this rebate. It makes sense they would not give me the rebate if I don't pay more per month ( but I really wanted it, I thought I might get a s6 for $100 and get a $150 card back). It's still an s6 for a $100 though, and I've had a cheap samsung for two years. Should I wait till black friday? The costco coupon runs the entire month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: s6 costco deal for more of everything?
ChiefPopeye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not saying that your wrong. however. there is no Verizon more everything plan for 6GB and only $45 per month. you are missing some vital information from your current bill. on the 6GB M E when your line access charge is out of contract your monthly cost for the LAC is $40 - $25 month to month discount for a total of $15 and that $15 is added to the cost of the Account Access Charge for 6GB which is $70. so for one line of service on the M E 6GB plan your total is $85 before taxes and that is if your out of contract.

0 Likes
bimurtud

I'm a little confused, partly because I don't own this plan, I'm just on

the plan with other people(family). I get a bill scanned to me every

month and I just know it says "smartphone line access" of $40 for my

phone and there is 6 gb shared (and nobody seems to use them but me).

There are maybe 5 lines or so on the plan. I just got to my two year

upgrade a week or so ago but I'm sure there are other people on the plan

under contract. Is my phone now under contract and going to change rate

for that reason? Do I need to go get under contract again to keep my

rate? thank you for your response

On 2015-11-04 17:36, ChiefPopeye wrote:

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

S6 COSTCO DEAL FOR MORE OF EVERYTHING?

created by ChiefPopeye in Android - View the full discussion

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Costco coupon deal in front of me - and it reads "$150 Costco cash card via mail in rebate, with purchase of any new Samsung Galaxy S6 with new or upgrade device payment activation."  No new contract, you will be adding a device payment to your bill. 

Small print - "Carrier requirements may include upgrade fee, line, usage fees, calling plan and credit approval,.  Offers and coverage may vary by location...  $150 Costco cash card requires activation on qualified financing program and a mail-in rebate submission within 30 days of purchase date on receipt."

Again, it sounds to me like you won't be signing a new contract - you will be paying full price for the phone in monthly installments added to your bill.  However, if you are on More Everything, your monthly line fee will drop from $40 to $15; if you go with the newer Verizon plan, your line fee will be $20, then add the cost of the phone, and your portion of the plan covering data.

0 Likes