Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?
Rodimusbill

I tried the factory rest and it is much better!!  I always keep my mobile data off and now shut off my wifi and gps whenever I am at work and not using it.  this makes me get through an entire day without charging it.  hope this helps...

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Very good information angelinaOO7     Must reading for S5 owner's .   I was told almost the same information last week while talking to a former Samsung employee. Version 5.0 was a bad release and now more bugs in 5.1 before they can release. Bad news for S5 users and Verizon and Samsung.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/18/samsung-galaxy-lollipop-update-release/

Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok so I downloaded this lollipop garbage a few weeks ago. The battery life was draining rapidly, phone was overheating, phone was freezing, apps werent working right etc. So I did backed up my phone and did a factory reset....all that seems to have done is stopped the phone from overheating. Battery drains 20% an hour just sitting with no open apps and wifi, blue tooth and gps are turned off. This is rediculous that i need to charge my phone all day for it to be functional. On kit kat my phone would sit all day and barely lose 10%. And on top of that its now taking FOREVER to charge. Can we please have the option to go back to kit kat until you guys fixed this extremely flawed software?

Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and I forgot to add 4G is spotty. Most of the time I get 3G and wifi is spotty as well now. This update seriously ruined my phone

0 Likes
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

YES I DID THAT TOO! As frustrating as it was, and painstakingly time consuming. I did a FDR, removed apps, etc. It got slightly better for like a day! My frustration is that I have to do those things now, not before, NOW. I might as well just not carry the phone with me!! Its useless without the tools I have them for...

0 Likes
angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!   I'm trying to be proactive! I would like to have my phone back to working order and apparently Verizon isn't going to send out any info or a statement.... What I don't get is why only some people have issues and others don't! I just wish SOMEONE would take ownership of this colossal mess and let us know, that they know, and that they are working on fixing it!

slasher016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we ever going to get a patch for this Verizon?  This has been going on way too long.  My battery has gone from 100% to 38% in 4 hours, not even using it.  It has been in my pocket.  This is ridiculous (and before everyone asks, yes I've done all the "fixes" and none of them work.)  My battery life was better at some points this week, but it's back to being terrible again.  Guess I'll do the 4th battery pull I've done since Lollipop was installed a week ago.

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

If a Verizon rep would care to chime in.......

0 Likes
MotoTurboCharged

I posted this previously but will post again because I think it will help. If you try it, please post the results either way. This worked for me on another Android device, and it cured my battery issues that occurred after a software update.

A. Clear cache partition. Note, this is NOT the same as merely clearing the cache in your settings menu.

1. Power off your smartphone
  2. Press and hold "Volume up", "Home" and "Power" at the same time
  3. After the phone vibrates, release the "Power" button but continue to hold "Volume Up" and "home"
  4. Once the "Android System Recovery" screen appears, release all the hardware buttons
  5. Using the "Volume Down" button, navigate to and highlight "wipe cache partition"
  6. Press "Power" to select the option
  7. Once the cache partition has been wiped, "Reboot System Now" should be highlighted
  8. Press the "Power" key to reboot your device

B. Power the phone off.

C. Plug into a wall charger and charge until 100%, then leave on teh charger, powered off, for several hours, preferably overnight.

The above steps will calibrate the battery meter in the phone. It should be performed any time battery levels start to fluctuate rapidly, especially after a software update. The clear cache partition does not wipe out your files like a factory reset does.

Hope this helps... it cured my supposed battery problems twice after software updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We apologize about the device issues.  This surely is not the experience we want you to have with your phone. As for the link,  it worked when I clicked on it and brought me to the troubleshooting page for the Samsung S5. Please try  this link  http://vz.to/12TLCsR  SheritaH_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes