Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tammygenne!

I'm sorry for any inconvenience with the s5 update! I posted the link with the information to the forums but it seems a member was having an issue. I checked it and the link worked for me. Here it is again for you guys:

http://bit.ly/1uGywC3

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tammygenne
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not working. I get the same message posted above.

Evelbodevil
Enthusiast - Level 2
SCvol81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue with battery drain on my S5.  And the link that Christina_B posted doesn't work for me either.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update tammygenne. Have you tried running your phone on safe mode? This may help determine if a third party application installed on your devie may be conflicting with new software. To learn how to run your phone on safe mode click, http://vz.to/1Fa63p0

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
LMK81
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lollipop can suck it.  Worst update!  I have the SAME issues everyone else is talking about.  I loved my S5 until I did this update.  I'm ready to throw it out the window.  I had to charge my phone twice yesterday and I normally don't charge it at all during the day.  Hot to the touch is appropriate to say also.  The screen and the back get hot, sometimes when it's not even doing anything.  The slowness is indescribable.  When I touch the screen to open an app or navigate, there's a good 5 second delay before it reacts.  This did NOT happen before the 5.0 update, it's only been since 5.0 was installed. 

alfstaint
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problems and I updated my phone about 2 weeks ago, I believe.

I have tried the wipe cache partition fix, but have yet to try a factory reset.

Has anyone else tried the factory reset with success?

Also, that link does not work.

Jaman88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issues. No battery life. Slow, apps freeze, and if I charge it with a regular charger on USB (not the one that came with the phone) it runs the battery down faster than it can charge.

PHONE NOW SUCKS!!!!!!! Used to love it.

Also, link given previously does NOT work.

angelinaOO7
Enthusiast - Level 3

That link doesn't work for me either, I've tried it on different browsers and on different computers.

Update on the "wipe cache partition”, I did it last night and so far I see no noticeable change. Phone has already been charged for the 2nd time today! I really, really don't want to do a factory reset. That is such a pain!!  That will HAVE to be a last resort. I’m anxiously waiting for some type of fix, otherwise I hope Verizon will be willing to change out my phone for something different!!

0 Likes
bsiefkes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list. I've wiped the cache and all that.  Phone is hot and you can watch the battery drain.  The culprit is android os according to the battery setting button.  I shouldn't have to factory reset my phone after a public release for a problem so many people are seeing.  I wish Verizon would 1. Admit there is a problem and 2. Tell us what they're going to do about it.