removing text notification banner
tfagervik1411

Hi! Have tried researching this but no answers. Is there a way to disable the text notification banner at top of phone WITHOUT losing the sound notification? Want to hear when I receive a text but don't want it displayed. TIA!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: removing text notification banner
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The native texting app on the Turbo only has the option for notifications ON or OFF, so if you are using that, then it's all or none.

If you are using Verizon Messages +, you can go into the app settings and turn off the alert in the notification bar, and still have the audible alert sound.

Other apps  may have the same options in settings, so check whatever texting app you are using, or use Verizon messages+ which does give you that option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tfagervik1411

Should add I have a droid turbo.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The native texting app on the Turbo only has the option for notifications ON or OFF, so if you are using that, then it's all or none.

If you are using Verizon Messages +, you can go into the app settings and turn off the alert in the notification bar, and still have the audible alert sound.

Other apps  may have the same options in settings, so check whatever texting app you are using, or use Verizon messages+ which does give you that option.

0 Likes
tfagervik1411

I guess I said turbo but its droid ultra, sorry. So I assume this isn't an option I understand your reply?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It IS an option if you are using Verizon Messages app, or possibly other apps.  The native messaging on the Turbo (I don't know about the Ultra) has only notifications on or off, which would imply both the status bar notification and the sound.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Use a different SMS app or check the settings for notifications options.

0 Likes