record of deleted text messages
pamelladaniel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know how to recover text messages that were deleted from a phone.  Doesn't Verizon keep these somewhere for account users only?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: record of deleted text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you had the texts backed up somewhere (via an app or Verizon Messages, for example), once they're deleted from the phone, they are gone.  VzW only keeps the last maybe 10 days' worth of texts, and to obtain copies requires a court order.  Text logs for the past 90 days are available via you My Verizon account (but not text content).

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@pamelladaniel I regret to learn of the trouble you are having with deleted text messages. I’m here to help. What type of device do you have? How old are the messages you are looking for?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Empty123

I am in need of the same information.  How can I get this

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you had the texts backed up somewhere (via an app or Verizon Messages, for example), once they're deleted from the phone, they are gone.  VzW only keeps the last maybe 10 days' worth of texts, and to obtain copies requires a court order.  Text logs for the past 90 days are available via you My Verizon account (but not text content).