Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,934 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: "update" ruined my Samsung
boringusername
Master - Level 1

This is a customer to customer forum. Why are you hear if you won't answer basic questions. I took time out my busy day to help you adn I don't get paid for this so the least you can do is not be rude and answer basic questions

0 Likes
JOEHAL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was here to find others who had their phone destroyed I

WASTED 5HOURS OF PHONE TIME WITH ME and you lied. You lied about the

download coming from Google when IT WAS YOUR NAME ON THE DOWNLOAD AND IT

WAS MADE CLEAR BY PEOPLE MUCH HIGHER THAN YOU THAT WAS NO FIXING MY PHONE

BECAUSE IT'S THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO BE.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

b2d
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I can check vm by dialing *86. However there is no way for me to know if I have a new message without checking after every call. Regarding the message+ app yes it shows the number of unread messages. However there is no badge notification and so again I have to regularly open the app just to check for new messages. Yes the mentioned apps are updated. No I do not want to perform any kind of factory reset. Furthermore the battery life is still poor and yes I have checked for apps running in the background

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

My phone started updating about 7am and was not done til after 5pm. You can imagine how I fault when I couldn't get any response out of the phone when it was doing this. I thought for sure the phone was going to end up being a paperweight. I didn't even give the phone permission to update it just did it on its own. Well long story short about 3:30pm I disconnected the wifi made sure the mobile was still off and the phone was at 64% and about 5pm it was restarting and has been fine ever since. The weird thing is we have 2 S7 edges and they both went through the same thing except the other one was at about 9% and they both were done at the same time. I hope you get an answer to what happen and if it takes a patch to be sent out I hope they do it soon. They knew there was problems with this update and apparently they didn't fix all the bugs before they sent it out. Why one phone works great and another one doesn't I really don't understand. I guess it is like some of us get the emergency alerts and some of us don't.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear that you’re experiencing multiple issues after completing a software update, Kacherry. Software Updates are made to improve your experience, and not affect you in a negative way. Ascending ringtone volume is a feature that has been implemented on Samsung devices. As for your applications, we will ensure that they are displayed correctly. Could you please provide us more details as to what you are seeing? We truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, as we would be unable to change back to your previous software.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOEHAL1, I am sorry to hear that you have experienced challenges with your phone after installing an update. I can reassure you that we are committed to working together towards a resolution and that we are always ready and eager to provide assistance. To clarify, what issues are you experiencing with your phone? Can you also provide the make and model of your Samsung?

Lorenzo_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BARMOR58

After the recent update, my Voicemail does not work. I receive a message that voicemail has stopped. I called my cell and I hear a message that states that my mailbox is full. I have: restarted phone, waited days, deleted voicemail messages-*86 does work.  How do I fix the voicemail issue????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

B2d, we want to make sure all of these issues are fully resolved.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

Sean_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BARMOR58,

We know how important it is for your Voicemail to work properly. We would love to look into this issue with you further. For clarification, is the Visual Voicemail application not working, correct? If so, is the application up to date? 

0 Likes
JOEHAL1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard on Good Morning America they had this story on the show and they

got Verizon and Samsung on the phone where they kept telling everyone that

they are not liable for what they do because they don't do it whatever "it"

is. Typical. I have to get a new phone how about you?

JH

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:05 PM, kathy65793 <forums@verizonwireless.com>