A message from the Verizon Wireless Community
￼ ￼ ￼ ￼ ￼
"message not sent"
created by Pinger in Android - View the full discussion
Did tmeier get the answer? I am having same issue.
Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community
Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community
about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.
We never want you to feel that way Pinger! Let's look into this! What messaging app are you using? What zip are you in?
I look forward to working with you.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
I was told to download handcent SMS, it solved the problem by bypassing it. Not a true solution. Can't believe they (Verizon) can't come up with a real fix, especially considering what we have to pay for the service.
I have the Moto X and this is the second time I've had this issue. There seems to be no fix which is annoying. I've only had this phone/service since 1/1 and have had nothing but problems (from a major phone carrier). Will be seeking out another service.
I, too, am having the same issue with my Moto X and have for months. I love my phone, but this is rather annoying every time I open my text app. It used to say "message not sent" even though the messages were sending fine. Then I read somewhere to delete all texts and reboot phone, which worked for a short time. Then it started again, but now it says "2 messages not sent". Even though it says this, my messages are being sent and received just fine.
In my case, I was not able to send a text message to my daughter's iphone but I could to my son's iphone. I have an android pixel. I tried rebooting the phone and clearing the text app's cache, but that didn't work. I didn't try the factory reset option that some people suggested (come on, who wants to do that!!)
The problem went away when I edited my daughter's phone number in my contact app. I added a 1 to the beginning of the phone number, saved the contact and then removed the 1 (and a dash that appeared) and resaved the contact. After that I could then send a text message to my daughter's phone. By the way, the original contact phone number was correct, and I hadn't edited that contact info for a long time. That suggests to me that there's a bug that the contact database is somehow getting corrupted, perhaps when I add some non-related contact info.
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.