Re: "Home" App Slow Since Recent Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVGuy22,

Thank you for the details on your software version. You are indeed on the most recent software, shown here: http://spr.ly/66071Wzfv. What new applications that may have been installed around the same time as the software update? If the phone works flawlessly in Safe Mode, it means a third-party application is impacting your device's sluggish behavior. It would be best to eliminate applications you aren't using, and if the problem persists, deleting applications one-by-one to find the root of the problem. Does this make sense? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would doing a "Force Stop" suffice while testing this, or do apps have to be completely uninstalled?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure your concern is addressed ans resolved. Unistalling the application would be the best option. AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
jpush6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did this issue ever get resolved? I am having the exact same problem and its really bad.  When I try to go "Home" the screen freezes, sometimes for several minutes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jpush6. We are very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well. We definitely want to make sure that this is taken care of in the end. As a test, does the issue continue after you power your device up in Safe Mode? Below is a link you can click on to view how you can power your device up in Safe Mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables your device's third party applications so that when you see that the issue is no longer happening, we will know that a third party application(s) is causing the issue to happen. http://spr.ly/6607GhcYU BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
juliebenintendi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I verified that it is also happening in safe mode. I only had one new app added since the latest update and I removed it. I also removed some of the other apps I don't use often. Nothing is helping. I've already missed one call coming in. Is there any other ideas on how to fix this without doing a factory reset? I also noticed that it happens more often when the screen is inactive.

0 Likes
juliebenintendi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will add that the delay is not as bad in safe mode as it is when out of safe mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

juliebenintendi, How long ago was your last update? Have you confirmed there are no remaining software updates on your phone?

0 Likes
juliebenintendi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I verified no outstanding updates. The last one was Oct 11, 2020. The problems started happening after that. I did notice that the delays happen less frequently since I ran my phone in safe mode for about half a day while trying to figure out what is going on. It still occasionally freezes when I hit the home key but at least it isn't every time my screen is inactive or when I close down an app.

0 Likes
motionguru
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am increasingly experiencing this problem.  

phone LG LM-G710VM

SW updated to G710VM21b dated Sept 17, 2020 @ 7:23 am PDT

I have 30.57 GB of free internal memory / 83.41 GB of free SD card memory

0 Likes