pantech marauder-sending text messages
run3rn

I can receive text messages but when I go to respond I get the message  "unfortunately messaging has stopped'-please advise

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: pantech marauder-sending text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the native texting app on the phone. or a third party app that you've downloaded?

Try restarting the phone, and if that doesn't work, do a system cache clear (google or search this forum for directions). 

If it's a third party or add on texting app,  then delete it, restart the phone and reinstall it, or just use the stock texting app that came with the phone.

Let us know what steps you take and what the results are; we can further troubleshoot if needed.

0 Likes
run3rn

Thank you for your prompt reply....I do not have a 3rd party app for texting on my phone. When I went to clear the cache it was not highlighted to do so and the storage number was 0.00. I can text from the "people" link just not the messaging link.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help with the great texting mystery. We appreciate you taking the steps provided by SuzyQ.
I'm sure you're anxious to get your texting underway again.
I will provide with a few other troubleshooting steps. First, power the phone off/on to soft reset it. When it comes back on, ensure airplane mode is disabled. Make sure the number you are sending it to is valid with either a 7 or 10 digit number.
Do you use a signature at the end of your messages? If so, please remove the signature and try it again.
Also, check the memory that is available by going to Settings>System>Storage. What does it show?
Clear out any old messages and then try to send the message once again.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes