note 4 GPS
highwayman8792
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only had phone for 3 weeks and yesterday is first time I tried to use Google maps to navigate.  I had strong signal but phone kept telling me GPS signal lost.   Navigation may work for a few minutes then quit, or may not find Me at all.

I have done restarts, pulled sim card, even done a factory reset. Nothing helps. Ran phone in safemode. nothing fixed the problem. Cannot take phone back to store because I am a few days past the 14 day return. If Verizon sends me another phone it will be a refurbished one.my phone is only 3 weeks old.

Here is another .strange thing. My wife has an LG G2 and it is a year and a half old. The only thing these 2 phones have in Common is lollipop.

I am wondering if Verizon is aware of this problem and if there are any updates coming soon.

Please help.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: note 4 GPS
highwayman8792
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems I may have found the problem.  The case I was using has a metal band around the edge and that band was messing up the GPS signal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
highwayman8792
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems I may have found the problem.  The case I was using has a metal band around the edge and that band was messing up the GPS signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
highwayman8792,

Thanks for keeping us posted! I'm glad you were able to find the cause of your issue. Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes