new ally soooooo frustrated, please help
olddodge
Just go this thing today and can't seem to manage to do much of anything with it. Is there a tutorial with the basics anywhere? Its my first smartphone. Liked the dumb one a lot better. Had a blackberry once and took it back the same day. This time around the salesman assured me this would be much easier to learn. Wanted a touch but verizon wouldn't let me keep my plan. Can't figure out the most basic things, reloading a webpage for example. Having trouble texting etc. Any basic tutorials anywhere?e?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: new ally soooooo frustrated, please help
vmanisme

read the manual, its pretty basic

0 Likes
RoseMadder

Do you have the manual?

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/LG-VS740.jsp

Click on Resources/Documents/Specifications/English.

On the Features tab there is an interactive phone demo.

There is also one available on the Verizon website.

Hope that helps you.

I read the manual before mine arrived and by the time I got it

I was pretty familiar with how to do most things.

0 Likes
clthomas63

Along with the previous link to LG, I also used YouTube. There are several walk through videos. I'm a former Blackberry user and I'm still getting used to the whole Android OS. Give it a little time.

0 Likes
cthunder067
Contributor - Level 1

Checkout this video from Youtube, probably the best you will find on how to work the Ally.  LG Ally Review

0 Likes
lyndarva

The "manual" is just a tips and hints, not a real manual.  You can go to your MyVerizon online and go to your phone portion and go through the simulation of your phone's operation.  That still doesn't answer all the questions, so that is why this forum and others on the internet are good.   

0 Likes