Re: my phone wont turn on?
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

good to hear that you can at least get something to start coming thru on the display.. .. so in my opinion only it is beginning to look like a battery issue or charger issue..

0 Likes
albert637
Enthusiast - Level 3

well i let my phone charge almost the whole day

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

if in fact it is a bad battery (weak ) you may have to let it be while it charges enough to do one final test..BUT make sure the connection to the charger is good and in line and that there is nothing that is in between or breaking contact between the device and the charger..   if it is a program or internal issue ,  the following  test I will place here should reset it,, if it is the battery ( which will be my guess if there is not a good enough signal to bring to phone to a start with in 20-30 minutes and please note I do feel it take longer to charge when using a usb charge but it is still a good charge so do not change because we know thephone is getting the signal to charge right now please..

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

on the wall charger or connected to the usb and computer ??  if you still have it plugged in does the unit feel warm at all?

0 Likes
albert637
Enthusiast - Level 3

theres nothing that blocks my phone from charging but i will let it conitnue charging is it alright if i contact you or conitnue tomorrow see what happens to my phone

0 Likes
albert637
Enthusiast - Level 3

its been warm for 5 hours i think its about to be 6 hours now

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA Support | Verizon Wireless

the above link is on the soft reset... the last thing we can try,, it sounded like you have just enough power when plugged in to do this .,. you will hold/press the POWER BUTTON under the screen appears,,,, release the button.. and than hit the OFF button and allow the device to shut down..  after a few minutes.. press and hold the  VOLUME DOWN BUTTON  and while doing that ..press the power button -- release both when the screen turns completely off.. it should power it self back up IF THIS works... if it doesn't.. do you have s Verizon store close to you where you can take this device in tomorrow?? there they would be able to test the battery.. and replace it if that is the cause of the issue..

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

ok sorry.. there is such a delay in receiving messages.. but try the above .. if it helps that would be great but I am believing it is the battery.. if you have a Verizon store close they can test it in the morning  or you can connect  the following 800# and look into a replacement if you have the coverage.. l (800) 922-0204

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I know this is very frustrating and I am hoping the reset works... and if not I am hoping it is just the battery needing to be replaced.. I hope I have been some what of a help here for you...

albert637
Enthusiast - Level 3

well i just try it and nothing and yes i do live close by a verizon wireless store so they can check on it tomorrow and thank you for trying to help with my issue youll been a great help at least youll try your best to reslove my problem and yet again thank you for every thing im glad you reply to my messages have a good day/night idk in what time zone your in